November Industry Sponsored Geek Critique (Last Two Weeks)

Started by nwb, 09/22/2014 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

This critique has been generously sponsored by Jay Lundy of AKA (American Kick Ass) cigars:

http://akacigars.com/

Thank you for your generosity!  And a special thanks to Brian (nirab) for coordinating!

The Chosen Cigar: AKA (American Kick Ass) Hybrid RPM: Rapid Perception Multiplier

The Chosen Reviewers:

05Venturer
Beegerply
Chip Lemaster
jharrisx5
ntanner

This cigar shall be reviewed no later than November 10th.

Link to review form: http://www.cigargeeks.com/reviews/staffreviews.asp?action=staffreviewform

Happy Smokin' gents! :smoker:
Chief of Shaft

nirab

I met Jay at the CATS Fest earlier this year, and he was kind enough to sponsor a couple of our GC. For this review, you will be smoking the featured cigar, AKA Hybrid RPM, and another AKA stick as well (not part of the GC, but on your own). I would like to have both reviews done as close to the same time as possible, but the Geek Critique cigar has top priority. If the second review is done a few days after, that is fine, but please volunteer only if you can follow through on this request. The Hybrid is one of my favorite cigars, and I am really looking forward to the reviews on it.

I am going to pick reviewers at random, and will rely on various scientific methods to do so. How you may ask? You will have to wait until my work is published, so just sign yer arses up for the review!!  :biggrin:  :angel:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

kxthor911

Nice, Brian I have had a couple of these. I really like the solace with a few months on it. I'm not putting in for this review but I'm sure you will get some volunteers.
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

nwb

Thanks for coordinating, Brian.  With this much lead time, you should have no problem finding reviewers.

Step up, folks!
Chief of Shaft

Cigary

Would love to try this one but I'll be in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean so looking forward to reading the reviews anyway.

tvolball

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Beegerply

I would also be interested in this one also Brian if you need a body  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

jharrisx5

Puff Puff Give....

nwb

Chief of Shaft

tvolball

Yall should jump on these AKA sticks. there really pretty good.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

nirab

I'm aiming to get these out in the next week or two...need a couple more geeks...free cigar(s) and a chance to be famous?? Ok, maybe not famous, but at least you will be able to put cigar reviewer on your work resume!   :biggrin:

The Chosen Reviewers:

Beegerply
05Venturer
jharrisx5

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Chip Lemaster

I would love to volunteer if there is room left for this one,,,

ntanner

I would like to try something from them. Havn't had the pleasure yet so if you still need some one I would be more then happy to step up.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

nirab

Chip n Neil...scientifically speaking...y'all are in! Thanks for stepping up!  :bigthumbs:

The Chosen Reviewers:

Beegerply
 05Venturer
 jharrisx5
Chip Lemaster
ntanner

There will be another AKA cigar shipping with the review stick. Please review this cigar within a week of reviewing the Hybrid. Thanks y'all!

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Chip Lemaster

Beegerply

Thanks Brian looking forward to this, also thanks to AKA for sponsoring this Geek Critique  :dancing:  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

ntanner

The review of the second one isn't a Geek Critique? So you just want a regular review for that one?
Oh, and thanx. I will be more then happy to review 2 cigars. Heck, if you want more reviewed  just let me know   :biggrin:
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

nwb

Chief of Shaft

jharrisx5

Quotenirab - 9/29/2014  9:37 AM

Chip n Neil...scientifically speaking...y'all are in! Thanks for stepping up!  :bigthumbs:

The Chosen Reviewers:

Beegerply
 05Venturer
 jharrisx5
Chip Lemaster
ntanner

There will be another AKA cigar shipping with the review stick. Please review this cigar within a week of reviewing the Hybrid. Thanks y'all!

Excellent...look forward to smoking my first AKA cigars!  One question...the list I quoted, and the list in the first post don't match...I am hoping that the first list in post #1 is wrong....
Puff Puff Give....

nwb

Quotejharrisx5 - 9/29/2014  7:45 PM
One question...the list I quoted, and the list in the first post don't match...I am hoping that the first list in post #1 is wrong....

Sorry about that.  It has been fixed.
Chief of Shaft

nirab

Quotentanner - 9/29/2014  2:46 PM

The review of the second one isn't a Geek Critique? So you just want a regular review for that one?
Oh, and thanx. I will be more then happy to review 2 cigars. Heck, if you want more reviewed  just let me know   :biggrin:

Yea, the second cigar is just a regular review, but if it can be done as close to the GC stick, that would be awesome!  :bigthumbs:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

nirab

Quotenwb - 9/29/2014  7:27 PM

Quotejharrisx5 - 9/29/2014  7:45 PM
One question...the list I quoted, and the list in the first post don't match...I am hoping that the first list in post #1 is wrong....

Sorry about that.  It has been fixed.

Thanks Nate!  :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

jharrisx5

Puff Puff Give....

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.