PLEASE READ: Nicaraguan Pass Members WINNER ANNOUNCED 10/10

Started by Joelala, 10/01/2014 12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joelala

So this is long but if you are in the pass it will be fun. As you geeks know, there was a prize pack in the box for this pass and I have decided to split the prize pack up 3 ways. I want each geek in the pass (That participated in the Prize Pack) to post 3 items within this thread:

1. The 1st item will be a number between 1-100, I will then generate a random number and the geek closest to the random number gets prize pack 1. Only 1 guess per geek please.

2. The 2nd item that needs to be posted might take a little bit of time so I will give geeks until the end of october to get this done. You must write a review for one  or more of your takes. On or around November 1st I will take a look and see if you wrote a review for the take. If you did I will randomly assign you a number for each review writeen that I will post on this thread, and then generate another random number for that winner. To make things easier for me it would be nice if you put which cigar(s) you plan on reviewing.

3. The third and final prize pack will not only have a few cigars from the pack but I am adding something special to the mix that will be a surprise. Could be cigar related or could not be cigar related. I do however know it will be liked. This winner will not be chosen randomly it will be chosen by your fellow participates. I ask that each of you send me a PM with who you thinking was the most generous geek in the pass. How you determine that is not up to me, it is up to you. All I ask is that the winner post a picture of the prize pack when they receive it. All I will post is a tracking number :).

So sorry for the lengthy post but this should be fun. Please respond in the post with comments as well as your entries. To make it easy please write you entry like this:

"
1. 43 (your random number)
2. I am reviewing the papas fritas
3. PM SENT

"

Thanks for playing

Joe

Joelala

Sorry I had to remove part 3 until the pass is complete, if you saw the post before my edit please don't post about it
Joe

StogieDad

Cool Joe!  Looks like fun.

1. 9
2. I'll review the Curivari Reserva Limitada Café Café 60
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Vroomp

I guess I could review the Padron if had I to....  :shades:

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Jackal

Do we send you a PM to let you know that we have done our review?

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Joelala

QuoteJackal - 10/1/2014  3:33 PM

Do we send you a PM to let you know that we have done our review?

No it is a part of the 3rd prize pack, it will make more sense once I can post the process. sorry
Joe

tvolball

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Jackal

Will more than one review be of an advantage?  I need to know in advance, as I will be out of the country in the next few weeks, so I will need to know if I shoudl pack more than on of the take sticks.

Joelala

QuoteJackal - 10/1/2014  4:33 PM

Will more than one review be of an advantage?  I need to know in advance, as I will be out of the country in the next few weeks, so I will need to know if I shoudl pack more than on of the take sticks.

Yes, one entry per review. 2 reviews gets you 2 entries. However they only can be cigars you took from this pass.
Joe

Longhorn

1. 63
2. (a) Don Pepin Garcia My Father No. 2; (b) Tatuaje Exclusive Series TAA 2012

Thanks for the fun, Joe!

Jackal

I plan to review the

Bugatti (by Perdomo) Robusto
Drew Estate Nica Rustica El Brujito
Padron 1964 Anniversary Imperial Maduro

That is my plan.  We will see if this plan comes to fruition or not.

Mojo66

Let's have some fun then,  

1- 16

2- I plan on reviewing the Padron 4000, the Herrera Esteli Robusto and the Ortega series D #8, if it doesn't start snowing before I'm done :biggrin:

3- PM sent

Thanks Joe.

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Joelala

Added number 3 to original post.

The third and final prize pack will not only have a few cigars from the pack but I am adding something special to the mix that will be a surprise. Could be cigar related or could not be cigar related. I do however know it will be liked. This winner will not be chosen randomly it will be chosen by your fellow participates. I ask that each of you send me a PM with who you thinking was the most generous geek in the pass. How you determine that is not up to me, it is up to you. All I ask is that the winner post a picture of the prize pack when they receive it. All I will post is a tracking number :).

Joe

bmac7754

I will review all 3:
         5 Vegas Miami (Nicaraguan Blend) Toro
         Herrera Esteli (by Drew Estate) Piramide Fino
         Oliva Serie V Liga Especial Belicoso
PM sent with my Geek entry.

Thanks again for the pass Joe
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Joelala

Quotebmac7754 - 10/1/2014  10:06 PM

I will review all 3:
         5 Vegas Miami (Nicaraguan Blend) Toro
         Herrera Esteli (by Drew Estate) Piramide Fino
         Oliva Serie V Liga Especial Belicoso
PM sent with my Geek entry.

Thanks again for the pass Joe

Received. Looking forward to the reviews.
Joe

jharrisx5

Number:  32

Reviews:  I will try to do all three
Reinado
Tatuaje RC 184
Viaje F&F Cadeau

Pm sent
Puff Puff Give....

Joelala

Quotejharrisx5 - 10/2/2014  12:07 AM

Number:  32

Reviews:  I will try to do all three
Reinado
Tatuaje RC 184
Viaje F&F Cadeau

Pm sent

Received, thanks for playing. Some nice sticks you have to review.
Joe

nirab

1. 44 (my random number)

2. I am reviewing:
Herrera Esteli Piramide Fino
Oliva Serie V Melanio Robusto

3. PM SENT

Thanks Joe!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Joelala

Quotenirab - 10/2/2014  10:35 AM

1. 44 (my random number)

2. I am reviewing:
Herrera Esteli Piramide Fino
Oliva Serie V Melanio Robusto

3. PM SENT

Thanks Joe!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

Thank you!
Joe

Joelala

I received the pass today and will be posting the current status of the contest tonight. The random number portion of the contest will run through 10/9/14 or when every geek participating has selected a random number.
Joe

Joelala

Prize Pack Entries as of 10/2 6:16 PM

Cfickter -
Whoever put in the under crown (Jackal????) - 42, 3 Reviews, VOTED
Vroomp - 47, 1 Review
bmac7754 - 17, 3 Reviews, VOTED
Camshaft83
jharrisx5 - 32, 3 Reviews, VOTED
StogieDad - 9, 1 review
Longhorn - 63, 2 Reviews
05Venturer
scottvodka
tvolball
nirab - 44, 2 Reviews, VOTED
cibolodave
Mojo66 - 16, 3 Reviews, VOTED
Joe

cibolodave

1) 11

2) I will review the San Cristobal XXL

3) PM Sent

Camshaft83

1-#75

2-CyB Lonsdale Club
      San Cristobal Clasico
      San Cristobal Elegancia Robusto
      Viaje Platino Samurai

3-PM sent
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Joelala

Prize Pack Entries as of 10/2 6:16 PM

Cfickter -
Whoever put in the under crown (Jackal????) - 42, 3 Reviews, VOTED
Vroomp - 47, 1 Review
bmac7754 - 17, 3 Reviews, VOTED
Camshaft83 - 75, 3 Reviews, VOTED
jharrisx5 - 32, 3 Reviews, VOTED
StogieDad - 9, 1 review
Longhorn - 63, 2 Reviews
05Venturer
scottvodka
tvolball
nirab - 44, 2 Reviews, VOTED
cibolodave - 11, 1 Review, VOTED
Mojo66 - 16, 3 Reviews, VOTED
Joe

05Venturer

#1 - 69

#2 - no reviews, I smoked my takes already  :dancing: LOL
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.