Wishlist PIF

Started by podman28, 07/16/2009 11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

podman28

I am sure everyone here has a wishlist of cigars they would like to try. With that in mind I would like to propose a little system here to start taking care of this. Here is how it works.

1. A member posts a list of 5 or more cigars that they are interested in trying. I would like to see if BlackIrish would take the honor of starting us off.

2. If you can fufill one or more of the cigars on the list you can say so and by sending the cigar(It is customary to make the package at least a 5-pack.) you are then entitled to post your wishlist.

3. All packages must be sent within 2 days of claiming the wish. You can post the DC here.

4. If after 1 week no one can fufill you wishlist, you must expand the list for a greater possiblility of gaining your cigars.

So let's see if we can get this to work. :biggrin:

Samhain2000

So this would be a cigar Pass with specifics in mind.
A cigar is like a gun, you never know when you'll need one.

WeLustPapes

Id be willing to try this out too!!

Few questions though....

If someone says they want to try a CAO Brazilia for example, would you send them a 5 pack of that cigar? Or what i think is a good idea would be to send at least 2 of that cigar (stock willing) and send 3 misc. cigars.

If someone posts up a list of 5 cigars the only problem i see with that is it might be really hard for someone to "match" all 5 cigars that the person wants to try.

This is a great idea!!

podman28

QuoteWeLustPapes - 7/16/2009  2:32 PM

Id be willing to try this out too!!

Few questions though....

If someone says they want to try a CAO Brazilia for example, would you send them a 5 pack of that cigar? Or what i think is a good idea would be to send at least 2 of that cigar (stock willing) and send 3 misc. cigars.

If someone posts up a list of 5 cigars the only problem i see with that is it might be really hard for someone to "match" all 5 cigars that the person wants to try.

This is a great idea!!

That is up to you as long as one of the cigars is the one on the wishlist. So it can be 5 of the same, 2 and 3 misc. or just 1 and 4 misc. cigars. The choice is yours. :biggrin:

nukbucko

I like this how do you sign up and keep track  is this still being worked out
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."  -Some Dude I don't Know

SenorPablo

Sounds like a cool idea. So what do you think is on BI's wish list?  :biggrin:
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

podman28

Quotenukbucko - 7/16/2009  7:51 PM

I like this how do you sign up and keep track  is this still being worked out

All you have to do to sign up is declare that you will send the person that is up, in this case BI, a cigar from his wishlist. Then you may post yours and someone else can do the same. There is no order. Just the good nature of our group. :shy:

podman28

QuoteSenorPablo - 7/16/2009  7:57 PM

Sounds like a cool idea. So what do you think is on BI's wish list?  :biggrin:

I am not sure but hopefully he will tell us tonight and we can be off. :dancing:

qman22

Cool idea Tim.... I am curious to see what BI posts
Lets GOOOOOOOO Mountaineers!

nukbucko

I bet he is going to go Thompson wild whoowoo
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."  -Some Dude I don't Know

BlackIrish

Tim, this is a fantastic idea, and I'm really grateful that you offered me the first wish.  So here's my list:

1.  Illusione 2, F9, HL, or MJ12
2.  LFD Habano corona or Mysterio
3.  Winston Churchill
4.  Ambos Mundo
5.  Tatuaje Verocu No. 9
6.  Camacho Connecticut
7.  Isla de Cuba 376 blend
8.  Arganese ML3
9.  Gran Habano Cabinet Selection
10.  Ashton ESG

Thanks!
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

podman28

Ok we have our first list. Anyone that can help out BI with at least one cigar on the list go ahead and claim it and then you can post your list. I will refrain from claiming for awhile to let the group get it moving. Let's help BI and have everyone participate as they can. :biggrin:

mthhurley

Couple questions....Let's say I've got 3 sticks BI is looking for and I tag this one "got it".  And I send him those 3 (+2 others)....Do I post which 3 I am sending?  Does his remaining list of 7 stay active for others to fill?  Or once someone gets him once, he's out?

nukbucko

Quotepodman28 - 7/16/2009  10:15 PM

Ok we have our first list. Anyone that can help out BI with at least one cigar on the list go ahead and claim it and then you can post your list. I will refrain from claiming for awhile to let the group get it moving. Let's help BI and have everyone participate as they can. :biggrin:

So if someone give if cigars from his list can we still get him others from his list

podman28

Quotemthhurley - 7/16/2009  10:41 PM

Couple questions....Let's say I've got 3 sticks BI is looking for and I tag this one "got it".  And I send him those 3 (+2 others)....Do I post which 3 I am sending?  Does his remaining list of 7 stay active for others to fill?  Or once someone gets him once, he's out?

In theory he is out and we are on to the next guy but if anyone if feeling benevolent then by all means send something over to him. But the first to claim him gets to post his or her list.

podman28

Quotenukbucko - 7/16/2009  11:14 PM

Quotepodman28 - 7/16/2009  10:15 PM

So if someone give if cigars from his list can we still get him others from his list

You can if you wish but only the first member gets to post their wishlist.

podman28

Quotemthhurley - 7/16/2009  10:41 PM

BTW Mike better if you introduce yourself to the group. I know you but let the others know you are a fine BOTL from the Burning Leaf crew. :biggrin:

Hot Stuff x

Quotenukbucko - 7/17/2009 11:22 AM I bet he is going to go Thompson wild whoowoo

Or maybe he wants a White Owl Fruit Cocktail Sampler :barf:

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

nukbucko

1 Black and Mild
2Black and Mild Creme
3 Phili Sweets
4 White Owl (any Flavor)
5 Swisher Sweet

Jackal

Very cool idea.  

Wish I could help Eddie out, but I don't have any of those.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

podman28

QuoteJackal - 7/17/2009  12:02 AM

Very cool idea.  

Wish I could help Eddie out, but I don't have any of those.

That's the idea. Not everyone has everything but as a group we can make things happen. Maybe you will have something on the next list. :biggrin:

Samhain2000

Does it have to be in your humidor?
If not, I have 4 sitting in a cart ready to be ordered for BI.

podman28

QuoteSamhain2000 - 7/17/2009  12:45 PM

Does it have to be in your humidor?
If not, I have 4 sitting in a cart ready to be ordered for BI.

Doesn't matter where you get them from as long as they are real.

Samhain2000

I found 5, they have been ordered and will probably go out tomorrow.

Should we wait till he gets them to list what he got, it would be more surprising that way.

podman28

All you need to do is declare which of the wishlist cigars you are sending. The others can be a surprise. Then you can post your wishlist.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.