Jekyll Split

Started by Jackal, 10/13/2014 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackal

Anyone looking to get the Monsters this year?

I am interested in picking up 5-10 Jekylls, but New Havana only does free shipping if you buy 20 sticks.

Does anybody have another source fro these or would there be interest in doing a split?

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

The Burn Ward

I may be in for a 5er.

johncw

QuoteCfickter - 10/13/2014  7:47 PM  price?

X2 I might be interested

BewareDaPenguin

Quotejohncw - 10/13/2014  9:23 PM

QuoteCfickter - 10/13/2014  7:47 PM  price?

X2 I might be interested

x 3 on a 5er if the price isn't to high
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Cfickter

I went to the site and it says $260 for 20, so that is pretty easy math, $13/cigar X 5 = $65 plus shipping to us

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Chip Lemaster

Dang, I got excited,,, a JERKY split,  then I reread it and was dissappointed that I read it wrong,,,,lol

StogieDad

QuoteChip Lemaster - 10/14/2014  9:43 AM

Dang, I got excited,,, a JERKY split,  then I reread it and was dissappointed that I read it wrong,,,,lol

:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Jackal

Sorry not to put the price.  If I can get 3 geeks to commit to buying a fiver at $65+ shipping I will make the purchase.

Who is in (definite, not maybe)?

Cfickter

Heck why not, Jackal I am in for a fiver

Jackal

Two fivers left.

Cfickter

Let's go brothers two more needed

CrazyK

I'll take a fiver off your hands Jason!
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

The Burn Ward

I'm gonna back out gents. Looks like 2 5ers available still.

sar127

Looks like Tatuaje has lost its standing as the premier boutique brand these days.
Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

nwb

Quotesar127 - 10/14/2014  9:21 PM
Looks like Tatuaje has lost its standing as the premier boutique brand these days.

Not that I disagree, but why do you say that?  Because of this split?

Good luck with the split, Jason.  I want to try a single before committing to a fiver/box, otherwise I'd be in.
Chief of Shaft

Cfickter

Quotenwb - 10/15/2014  8:22 AM  
Quotesar127 - 10/14/2014  9:21 PM Looks like Tatuaje has lost its standing as the premier boutique brand these days.
Not that I disagree, but why do you say that?  Because of this split?  Good luck with the split, Jason.  I want to try a single before committing to a fiver/box, otherwise I'd be in.

Nate, if this split ends up going thru I would be willing to do a blind fiver trade and include one for you to try. 

nwb

QuoteCfickter - 10/15/2014  9:28 AM
Nate, if this split ends up going thru I would be willing to do a blind fiver trade and include one for you to try.

If I don't pick one up in the next couple of weeks, I'm definitely up for that.  Thanks Chuck!
Chief of Shaft

BewareDaPenguin

I am gonna hafta sit this split out, can't swing the $70 right now...good luck I'm sure it will get done :thumbsup:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

sar127

Quotenwb - 10/15/2014  7:22 AM  
Quotesar127 - 10/14/2014  9:21 PM Looks like Tatuaje has lost its standing as the premier boutique brand these days.
Not that I disagree, but why do you say that?  Because of this split?

Bassically yea, it's hard to believe that a fiver of Tatuaje's main collector's series is so hard to sell. I guess others are happy with their regular releases just like me, with the exception of a few LEs. 

Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

StogieDad

I think some of us may have procured our stock before the split came up as well.... :dancing:  :biggrin:

I think one thing may be that the Jason was available for a good bit longer last year, so some may wait and not jump immediately.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

nwb

Quotesar127 - 10/15/2014  12:37 PM
Basically yea, it's hard to believe that a fiver of Tatuaje's main collector's series is so hard to sell. I guess others are happy with their regular releases just like me, with the exception of a few LEs.

I think it is the Monster Series history in combination with the pricing.  It is very hard to go blind into a $70/5 cigar purchase, especially considering this will be the largest monster release to date, so the cigars should be available for a while.

And like Mike said, some of us (not me in this instance) pre-order cigars like this.
Chief of Shaft

Jackal

Closing this one down.  I will take an entire box and Karl and Chuck will each get a half.  I love those Sancti Spiritus wrappers, so I have high hopes for this blend.

StogieDad

Not that I always agree with HalfWheel, but the review is favorable.

http://halfwheel.com/review-tatuaje-the-jeykll/72028
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

Excellent, just PM your PP and final amount!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.