Name three NC cigar lines to recommend to Cuban cigar smokers

Started by cmmayo, 10/19/2014 03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmmayo

I have a friend that has only smoked Cubans for many years. But as I sit here smoking a Brown Label Tat, I know he'd love it if he tried one.

What three lines would you recommend to my friend?

My three:

1. Brown Label Tatujae line
2. Drew Estate Liga Privada line
3. Padron Anniversary line

You?
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

nwb

If you are looking to replicate the Cubanesque flavors or get somewhat close:

Curivari Selecion Privada
Curivari Gloria de Leon
Rodrigo Habano Clasico

For three NC that I'd recommend:

Padron Anniversary
Tatuaje Reserva
Illusione Original Documents
Chief of Shaft

Mojo66

I was in the same situation a few years back, I'd say he should stay away from the full strength full bodied smokes at first.

Oliva, a nice sampler of different lines and wrappers would be nice for a CC smoker starting with NCs
La Aroma De Cuba Mi Amor and My Father Le Bijou 1922, two DPG sticks that first impressed me.
All the Padrons I have ever smoked have been great smokes so I could not leave them aside.

But the there are so many other great brands and lines, best is to try them all :biggrin:
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

BewareDaPenguin

Geez there's so many good NC...I mean there's so many good cigars period it's hard to nail down just a few...I enjoy the liga Privada lines a lot, Tatuaje obliviously puts out some great cigars as well, and as others have mentioned ive never smoked a Padron I didn't enjoy! :smoker:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

sauraspop

Quotenwb - 10/19/2014  5:45 PM  If you are looking to replicate the Cubanesque flavors or get somewhat close:  Curivari Selecion Privada Curivari Gloria de Leon Rodrigo Habano Clasico   For three NC that I'd recommend:  Padron Anniversary Tatuaje Reserva Illusione Original Documents

X2 the Curivari's. Just about any Curivari's IMO. 

Sammy - Semper Vigilis

Be carful what you wish for, You may get it! Ray Wylie Hubbard (Mother Blues)

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake. ~ Cliffy ~

nwb

QuoteMojo66 - 10/19/2014  8:31 PM
I was in the same situation a few years back, I'd say he should stay away from the full strength full bodied smokes at first.

Completely agree.  I've been smoking more CC lately, and I've noticed that I don't enjoy the powerhouse cigars as much anymore.
Chief of Shaft

tgs679

jdwaynes1980

Liga Privada No. 9
Curivari Selecion Privada
Viaje Oro Reserva VOR No. 5
Roll Tide!

nirab

Curivari El Gran Rey
MF Le Bijou
Curivari Reserva Limitada
Nat Sherman Timeless (NC)

One more than 3, but so what??

:shy:  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

sccrom1

Bogglor

These have zero to do with Cubanesque tastes or flavors, but:

Liga Privada T52 or UF13
Las Calaveras
Oliva V Melanio

The Burn Ward

Oliva Melanio Maduro
LG Diez or any Litto/LFD
Roma Craft makes some great smokes as well

StogieDad

I'll add anything Crowned Heads.  And Jared is right, love me some RomaCraft.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

cmmayo

Some great suggestions, especially the Curivari since I have a few of those I can share. Next time I see him, I'll have to bring him one and challenge him to try a non-Cuban. He's got a bit of an attitude about anything outside of Cuba. Like, A REALLY BIG ATTITUDE.
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

BlackIrish

I agree with Nathan.  Most CC smokers don't like the powerhouse cigars -- LP, Viaje, etc. are the sort of thing that most of my CC smoking friends dislike.

I've given Canimao coronas to my CC smoking friends, to smoke blind, and without fail they've liked them and thought they were CCs.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

MT21

Kristoff Sumatra, 601 Red, Crowned Heads: Four Kicks, Headly Grange, JD Howard.

Very medium to medium-full flavored cigars without the onslaught of power.  

My .02
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.