Calling for Nominations - Cigars for Troops

Started by nwb, 10/20/2014 04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

If you have a group that you'd like to nominate to receive one of the cigars for troops packages, please PM me.  Personally, I'd like to focus the effort on our men and women in Afghanistan, but if you have someone else in mind that is deployed overseas, feel free to send along their information.

Here is what I need:
Full APO Address
Please confirm they will be deployed in that location through December
Chief of Shaft

ntanner

Cool idea. I'd nominate my son's group but they are currently headed back from that area.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

nwb

Sorry we missed him Neal, but thank him for his service anyway.
Chief of Shaft

Bozz

Quotenwb - 10/20/2014  11:04 AM

Sorry we missed him Neal, but thank him for his service anyway.
:bigthumbs:

gpd4

My friend Joy, who was on the recieving end last year at Camp Phoenix in Kabul, is home (thankfully), but I can ask her who is running their cigar club this year if you'd like.
My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

mpurtle01

Don't personally know anyone in Afghanistan at the moment.

nwb

Quotegpd4 - 10/20/2014  5:54 PM

My friend Joy, who was on the recieving end last year at Camp Phoenix in Kabul, is home (thankfully), but I can ask her who is running their cigar club this year if you'd like.

Yes, please check.  That would be much appreciated!  It was a great group to send to.
Chief of Shaft

nwb

Bump.

It looks like we have one nomination.  And George is checking on a second.  Who else?
Chief of Shaft

bigjohn20081983

I have asked around but its not as easy finding them around here. Most in my area I talk to just got back recently or are not set to deploy for awhile.
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

gpd4

My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

nwb

Chief of Shaft

nwb

:bump:

Going to give this a few more days and lock it up.
Chief of Shaft

gpd4

She sent me a name and email address for the cigar club at Kabul International and I have not heard back from him.  They have a closed FB page, but let me see if I can get in to it.

bigjohn20081983

You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

gpd4

I got a name.  Same club as last year, but a different chapter...

Nick Lutton

Reed Security

BAF

apo ae 09354 

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.