------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

bigjohn20081983

I had a guy tell me he can get me the sweets at little cost because he knows a rep for them. Now if it's a box of the acquired brand I may have to do that.
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

Bogglor

Liga Privada Sweets, coming soon to a drugstore near you.

The Burn Ward

Brlesq

Can't wait for the wood-tipped LP#9's.  MMmmm . . . .
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Phog

Almost saw this coming when DE started being involved in the distribution, and later production, of Swisher's re-entry into the premium space.

Mojo66

That can't be good news... here comes The Feral Flying White Owl
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

DonM

Someone's pockets just got deep.  Hate to see what happens to the DE lines

"The Curmudgeon"

Brlesq

QuoteDonM - 10/20/2014  3:19 PM

I've heard it was $140 million
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Brlesq

So which one of you guys is going to be the first one to get a "Swisher " tattoo??

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

DonM

QuoteBrlesq - 10/20/2014  3:35 PM

So which one of you guys is going to be the first one to get a "Swisher " tattoo??

Ah.......NEVER!

"The Curmudgeon"

kxthor911

I remember having this conversation on a Google herf. Crazy
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

StogieDad

QuoteBrlesq - 10/20/2014  3:35 PM

I've had mine for years Bruce.....
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Brlesq

QuoteStogieDad - 10/20/2014  3:38 PM
I've had mine for years Bruce....

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

toby2

get paid! why not? they ground it out so it's time to enjoy the next thing in style!
seems like a good fit. you see their cigars in gas stations next to the blunt rollers. the few decent ones they sell have become way overpriced and a bitch to get anyway.

Ol' Times CIgars

QuoteBrlesq - 10/20/2014  3:22 PM

QuoteDonM - 10/20/2014  3:19 PM

I've heard it was $140 million

Thats pretty much the mark I heard. I think someone told me it was arounded $135 million

I had heard the other week that the higher ups from Swisher were down there talking to companies, but didn't think it would result in this. Although if it was around the $140 million mark it would be very hard to turn down the offer.
www.oltimescigars.com
Great cigars at great prices!

05Venturer

Can't wait till Longhorn get his first Liga Pineapple #9 to review :blech:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

ntanner

Thats just sad. :-(
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Joelala

What a bummer.

Hopefully nothing changes.
Joe

Kman

I think it had more to do with the federal regulation issues that may be coming than anything else. While we all love the LP's and Herrera Estelli's, the fact of the matter is that the top grossing products for Drew Estate are the Acids and they are certain to be directly in the cross hairs of the feds. Kind of makes sense for them to get under the umbrella of a larger company that will dealing heavily with those same issues.

I'm sure we all hope and pray that they won't be dumb enough to tinker with the LP's and Herrera Estelli's but I guess that only time will tell.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Smurf

Can't say that in surprised, at the end of the day it's a business... Cha-Ching for Drew he earned it!
orbis non sufficit

Cfickter

interesting if know if they kept Jonathan also.  If not I would bet the buy out has a no compete
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

SenorPablo

Kind of sad to see.  I'm sure in the near term you won't see much change, but over time they will be assimilated and "cost efficiencies" will kick in that will stifle the creativity and freedom that drove its success.  I hope i'm wrong. :-(

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.