Cigar lounge / man cave project

Started by hebron, 10/22/2014 03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hebron

So, we've moved all our stuff from the apartment to the new home. And I had a storage unit that I have cleared out and moved here as well, damn we had a lot of stuff!

But computer just came back up, and cigars are unpacked. Internet is provided by my cell at the moment, getting it installed in a week or so. My office, man cave, lounge is coming together nicely, although rather slowly.

We had some start up issues, but they are being solved. Dish washer that I'd kept at the storage unit was broken and leaked water all over the kitchen, replaced. The drain for the washing machine was plugged so it spilled water all over the washroom floor, rinsed and opened. And the electrics in the basement is kinda messy, electrician comes tomorrow. Gawd dammit the previous owners  :angry:

I am missing a fan and a door and then my man cave is smoke ready!  :dancing: Attaching some pictures of it's current status.

Now for one glass of my finest Whisky and then off to bed :martini:

- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

StogieDad

Good to see you buddy!  Glad all is well!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

freakydeakydutchman

looks good.. but whats with the switch sitting on the desk there? and the server rack?.. im not jelly at all....
"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

hebron

QuoteStogieDad - 10/23/2014  12:25 AM

Good to see you buddy!  Glad all is well!

You too brother, looking forward to herfing with you when the room is smoke ready :) It's not smoke friendly out anymore, winter is coming... ;)
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

hebron

Quotefreakydeakydutchman - 10/23/2014  12:27 AM

looks good.. but whats with the switch sitting on the desk there? and the server rack?.. im not jelly at all....

The switch is a 24 port managed smart switch, used to be part of the server rack when I lived in my previous house. Before the wife and kids, when I had enough space for a server room. Now I use it for all my computer, printer, scanner, UPS, docking station stuff. You don't have a server rack for your computer stuff? That's just crazy  :shy:
- Thomas

Longhorn

Great to have you back, Thomas!  Looks like the new home is working out well for you!  :thumbsup:

17leaves

Looks nice. You'll have to post some pics when it's done. Congratulations once again on the house, Thomas!

DonM

Congrats on getting moved in, time for a cigar!

"The Curmudgeon"

cavenbk

Welcome back Thomas! glad the move went, mostly, well. We will be doing the same thing soon, as my wife and I close on our first house this coming Monday. Congratulations again!!
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

Chip Lemaster

Looks good,  the wife's company didn't come through on promises so we are packing up and heading back to West Virginia,,, hope you enjoy your place as much as I am going back home,,,

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

toby2

ItalianGuido

House.. computers.. booze.. cigars.. Looks like you are all set!  :smoker2:  :beer:

"Cigars!"  - Gene Hackman from "Young Frankenstein"

bmac7754

QuoteItalianGuido - 10/22/2014  9:34 PM  

House.. computers.. booze.. cigars.. Looks like you are all set!  :smoker2:  :beer:

x2

Good to see things are coming together Thomas

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

SenorPablo

Good to hear from you Thomas.  Was wondering what became of you.  Congrats on getting all settled in the new house.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

The Burn Ward

freakydeakydutchman

man I wish I had a room put put my stuff.. but my wife thinks that the WHOLE house is hers.. I did have a chance of a sweet server rack and "other" things.. but I was out voted...1-1....nice room thought
"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

sjn1117

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

terrys1991

congratulations on your new home. Hope all goes well
"I feel a whole lot more like I do right now, than I did a while ago"

Mojo66

Good to see you back around here Thomas.

Your den looks a lot like mine, computer stuff all over, rackmounts and of course, cigars and adult beverages.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

hebron

Thanks for all your wishes brothers! My wife is taking the kids to the cabin this weekend, so I have the whole weekend to myself! Man I can't remember the last time that happened, so I am hoping to get plenty of things done in the man cave. And smoke some cigars, if there is a herf this weekend; I am in!

I will of course keep posting pictures :) My wife has been very understanding from the beginning for my need for a man cave, I'm lucky to have her; she is awesome!

Mojo66: That is the only way ;)
- Thomas

nwb

Good to see you posting again, Thomas, and welcome back!

The place is coming together nicely. :bigthumbs:
Chief of Shaft

Beegerply

Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

benchjockey

House looks great. Nice having you back.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.