Hammer + Sickle L.E. 2014

Started by SparklePony, 10/22/2014 03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SparklePony

So I got a notice today from Two Guys Smoke Shop that they had some boxes of the new Hammer + Sickle L.E. 2014 available, of which only 250 boxes of 10 will be released.  I love the brand so I was intrigued.  Apparently, the blend os from three different countries and comprises six different tobacco types.  Woaa.  I didn't even know there were six types of tobacco to begin with.  Earlier this year the company released 101 boxes of the Sochi Limited Edition to commemorate the Olympics.  That cigar used seven (!) types of tobacco.  Any guess as to what the different types of tobacco could be?  It's not like Olor, Seco, Ligero, Medio Tiempo is it?  

Yes, it's a pineapple hat.  No, you can't put your cigar out in it.

bigjohn20081983

I wonder if the mean tobacco from different countries.
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

ntanner

Probably some combination of the 2, different countries and different fields in the same country plus probably leaf from different harvest times off the same fields.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

SparklePony

That's a good thought.  I was thinking it might also be different strains of tobacco.  Much like there are lots of different wrapper types.  I got two boxes so we'll see if it's as complex ans they say it is.
Yes, it's a pineapple hat.  No, you can't put your cigar out in it.

ItalianGuido

"Cigars!"  - Gene Hackman from "Young Frankenstein"

Caveman Steve

QuoteItalianGuido - 10/23/2014  12:02 AM  

Found a review here

http://thecigarauthority.com/cigar-review-hammer-sickle-le14/

Looks pretty good...

Very Tempting   :whistle:  

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.