CAO News

Started by Cfickter, 10/22/2014 05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cfickter

Spent some time tonight with Rick Rodiguez of CAO.  Here are some tidbits I picked up

This years holiday blends will be the Rabid Reindeer and Nasty Nutcracker based on the Gold and MX2 blends  If you remember last year's Angry Santa and Evil Snowman were based on the La Traviata blend

The Concert line will be pulled in 2015 and reintroduced in 2016 under another branding

A new Flathead vitola will becoming out this spring

A new line called Steelhead will be introduced in 2015  building on the Flathead auto theme but using a motorcycle theme 

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

bigjohn20081983

You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

Chip Lemaster

Maybe I will be able to grab a few this year,,

SparklePony

The Nasty Nutcracker sounds like a movie I got in trouble for watching in high school :lmao:
Yes, it's a pineapple hat.  No, you can't put your cigar out in it.

bmac7754

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Bozz

QuoteSparklePony - 10/22/2014  9:19 PM

The Nasty Nutcracker sounds like a movie I got in trouble for watching in high school :lmao:

:lmao:

Camshaft83

QuoteSparklePony - 10/22/2014  7:19 PM

:lmao:

Are they based off the original gold or the gold maduro? If it's the maduro I would be extremely interested.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Longhorn

Thanks for sharing, Chuck.  The Angry Santa was a pretty good smoke - anxious to try this year's releases. :thumbsup:

Hot Stuff x

Instead of "Steelhead" they should go with "Ironhead", as that is an actual motorcycle engine.  Isn't a steelhead a kind of fish?
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

05Venturer

QuoteHot Stuff x - 10/23/2014  5:46 AM

Instead of "Steelhead" they should go with "Ironhead", as that is an actual motorcycle engine.  Isn't a steelhead a kind of fish?

x2

IronHorse or SteelHorse would be other options instead of a SteeHead Salmon reference  JMO
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Beegerply

Thanks for the info.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

benchjockey

Interesting info.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

StogieDad

Quote05Venturer - 10/23/2014  8:21 AM

QuoteHot Stuff x - 10/23/2014  5:46 AM

x2

IronHorse or SteelHorse would be other options instead of a SteeHead Salmon reference  JMO

IronHorse is a brand Famous is selling, probably can't use that one.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

SmolderinMike

I placed the order for the store first thing this morning.  Rabid Reindeer and Nasty Nutcracker will be on the shelf at Crossroads in Lafayette IN, as soon as the fine folks at General Cigar see fit to send them.  Should be early November.  Shop early, there are only 2000 boxes of each one being released!

SmolderinMike

PS.  The Nutcracker is based on the original CAO Gold, not the Maduro.  If you like Maddies, the Reindeer is a juiced up MX2.

Otter

Good gouge... thanks!
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

sjn1117

IMO CAO  has done a pretty good job with their LE stuff as of late. I'll look for these.
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

terrys1991

Thanks for the info I'll be looking for them
"I feel a whole lot more like I do right now, than I did a while ago"

StogieDad

I missed out on the Christmas release last year, but the Sinister Sam for 4th of July was awesome!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

ebernabe

thanks for sharing

johncw

Very cool. Hopefully I'll get to try one this year.

vw77guy

I'm usually not a big fan of CAO but the Flathead impresses me.

horseshoe

I am a CAO fan so far. I haven't had one I hate yet. Brazilia is one of my favorite sticks. I am anxious to see these on the market.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.