Cigar Geeks Secret Santa 2014

Started by Rebecca Silverwolf, 11/06/2014 12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebecca Silverwolf

It's that time of year, time to get the Secret Santa rolling again. Here's how it works:

Let me know in this thread if you are interested in participating. You must have achieved Veteran status or higher to be part of this. The cutoff date to get your name in will be November 28th, no exceptions will be made to this. You will then be assigned, at random, another person from the list to play Santa for. You will send your recipient a total of six cigars. This will include 5 good quality sticks, which you think your recipient will enjoy. One of these five sticks should be designated as a New Years Eve smoke, typically people have done this with the highest end or most rare stick they send, though this is not required. The sixth cigar you send is the "Lump of Coal" cigar, and should be a smoke that would be worthy of giving to a cigar mooch or annoying relative.

The cigars should be sent in time to arrive before Christmas. Please take into account that mail is typically a little slower at that time of year. Also, please remember this is a SECRET Santa, you aren't supposed to let your recipient know you are their Santa. (Until the gift arrives, anyway.)

To get a better idea what to send to your recipient, take a look at any posted wishlists, as well as past reviews.

If you have any questions, you can post them here or PM me.

"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

StogieDad

Woohoo!  Love this one.  I'm in.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Joelala

Thanks for doing this, I would love to participate again
Joe

Chrism305

I'd love to join. Always an excellent pass.

Brlesq

Thank you for organizing this again, Rebecca.  It's always a fun one.  Count me in.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

toby2

dang time flies! I'm in. thx again

DonM

I am in, this one is always fun!

"The Curmudgeon"

ntanner

Count me in, one of the best thing's about this time of year.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

nirab

Count me in! Thank you Rebecca!
 :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

sjn1117

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

Otter

Harry Hannukah aka Otter is in...
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

SenorPablo

So happy you are running it again this year Rebecca!  Please count me in.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Jackal

Love this event.  I am in.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

05Venturer

I would love to be part of this one!!!! Count me in :cool:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Caveman Steve

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

cavenbk

Count me in again this year Rebecca, and thank you for organizing again!!
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

Chip Lemaster

First timer for this,, I am in,,,

Cfickter

Rebecca, count me in please
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

bigjohn20081983

I will give this a shot. Count me in.
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

The Burn Ward

Mojo66

Of course I'll participate, last year was way cool.

Thanks for taking care of this year after year Rebecca
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

timpellis

Count me in, thanks!

c.petree.1

kxthor911

Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.