Do you guys store your accessories in their gift cases?

Started by hebron, 11/09/2014 02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hebron

Title says it all really, I am reorganizing all my accessories and up til now I've kept them in their gift cases. But it takes up a lot of space...

What do you do?
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

ntanner

I have a shelf and some space on top of my cabinet that I keep all my stuff on. I tried the original box thing for a while but like you said, it takes up a lot of room.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

bigjohn20081983

I don't have a super lot of accessories myself at this point so I can just fit them in a cigar box on my dresser. Its not hard to find room for a lighter a couple cheap cutters and a punch and a small can of butane and the travel case I leave in my top dresser draw. Have you thought about getting a small file cabinet or one of those little plastic 3 draw boxes to keep the stuff in?
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

sjn1117

I keep alot of my "accessories" outside where I smoke. The only thing I take inside are my lighters because I have little pyros here at home and don't trust them.
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

hebron

I try to keep it pretty organized and return it to it's locations when I've used it. The wife appreciates that :-) If I get more stuff I think I am going to invest in a drawer thing like John posted.
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

Kman

I also use old cigar boxes for mine, one in the house and one out on the porch where I do most of my smoking.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

hebron

Thanks for the tip on the cigar boxes, that got me thinking. And after digging through some old boxes I found a travel humidor that will hold all the stuff, neat! :-) :thumbsup:
- Thomas

bigjohn20081983

Quotehebron - 11/9/2014  6:07 PM  Thanks for the tip on the cigar boxes, that got me thinking. And after digging through some old boxes I found a travel humidor that will hold all the stuff, neat! :-) :thumbsup:

:rocker:  :bigthumbs:  

You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

DonM

I got accessories in the screened porch, the garage, in the junk basket on the counter, I got stuff all over the place.  I don't have to go searching for a cutter  or lighter.  I even buy 2 cans of butane, one for the screened porch and one for the garage

"The Curmudgeon"

Longhorn

I keep accessories in a couple of spots around the house.  For my man cave I keep them in a cedar tray.  Your place looks very organized, Thomas.  :thumbsup:

Brlesq

I keep mine in a drawer in the house and have an oversized coffee mug that I keep a bunch of stuff in to carry outside with me each night to smoke.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

bmac7754

I keep all my accessories in a smaller wooden cigar box that sits with my humidors.  I keep a cutter and lighter in a travel Xikar case for the car.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

The Burn Ward

I have 2 dressers with dedicated drawers for accessories and what not.

toby2

nope. I have a cigar set up in all my smoking spots.  

hebron

QuoteLonghorn - 11/10/2014  12:52 AM

I keep accessories in a couple of spots around the house.  For my man cave I keep them in a cedar tray.  Your place looks very organized, Thomas.  :thumbsup:

Thanks  :-) My OCD likes it that way  :shy:
- Thomas

Camshaft83

Definitely going to have to take that cigar box idea. I leave mine sitting out on my shelf in my closet. That box idea would make it a lot more organized.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Vroomp

I only save the boxes of those items I may one day decide to re-gift..... :biggrin:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

horseshoe

I keep my stuff in a pouch. 2 torch lighters and a V-Cutter. I carry them when ever I am anticipating having a cigar.

Cfickter

I use a drawer and a tupper. Keep the everyday stuff in an extra ashtray on the dresser
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

ebernabe

Rammstein142

I store all of mine in a old cigar box next to my humidor, but may be upgrading to a sorting Tupperware drawer like shown above here soon. Just cause its getting old having to dig around in it sometimes looking for my torch lighter.
"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

blondie

I have a humidor that has two drawers on the bottom and I keep all that stuff in there.

Jay'D

Quotehebron - 11/9/2014  5:47 PM

I try to keep it pretty organized and return it to it's locations when I've used it. The wife appreciates that :-) If I get more stuff I think I am going to invest in a drawer thing like John posted.

That pic though :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:
I want a set up like that one day....so organized
Last name Hungry first name Always

My hobby collection | http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Jay%27D

nirab

Not anymore. I found these things called pockets!  :biggrin:  :shy:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.