Newb Pass Question

Started by clami, 12/04/2014 08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clami

Several of my cigars came with no cello, and I have noticed that they get a little dinged up in my humidor - looking rougher than my sticks with cello on them.  Are there any recommendations for shipping naked sticks in a pass?  Do they travel well?  Should I steal a cello from a similar cigar for extra protection?

Thanks
Clay

bigjohn20081983

The common way I see sticks shipped are in zip-lock or the bags they put the stick in at the B&M then packed securely in a box small enough to keep them from moving around a whole lot. When I ship them I also like to put in a Boveda Pack with them in case they get held up at the post office or else where.  If you look at some of the picture on the right side of the home screen user upload you can see the way alot receive sticks in the mail. Or for example you can look at the haul for the Cigars for troops efforts this year and see how the geeks shipped them. http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=5452
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

StogieDad

Most passes you join will be packed in finger bags, so as long as you put them in there in good shape, you should be fine.  Best way to ship safely but the smaller ziplocs work fine too, just with any naked stick you have to minimize movement in the box.  You will probably end up leaving cello on most of your sticks if you become active in passes-trades-etc.

Haha, I said minimize the movement of your naked sticks.....
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

sar127

Agree with above comments. I don't personally have 5 finger bags so I just use small Ziplocks then stuff the box with paper or something else till it doesn't rattle around anymore.
Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

Kman

x2 on the Finger bags.

You can get some from the site below, although 100 ct is probably way more than you want.

http://www.cigarbags.com/cigarbags.aspx

May want to consider doing a group buy and splitting with other guys who might be interested.

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Ted

I've ordered from bagsofbags before. They offer 3, 5, and 10 finger bags.

https://www.bagsofbags.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=SUTB

Don't remember what shipping was.

DonM

The finger bags are awesome!

"The Curmudgeon"

Brlesq

Quoteclami - 12/4/2014  11:01 AM
Should I steal a cello from a similar cigar for extra protection?

Thanks
Clay

That will work just fine.  Or just a sandwich bag.  Eventually you will come across the finger bags in bombs and passes and those are just perfect.

Good question, though.  Glad you asked! :thumbsup:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Rammstein142

Used to use Ziploc bags as stated above, but now use five finger bags when I have them in. All though, at least with the ones I was using, I can't stick very large gauges in the five finger bags.
"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

clami

Thanks guys.  I will keep my eyes out for some finger bags.  Might check with my B&M - see if I can pick up a few.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.