An Africa-sized thank you from all of us deployed here in Djibouti!

Started by DjiboutiBA, 12/09/2014 02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DjiboutiBA

So I am a friend and coworker of cigargeeks.com user "Otter" and I'm a Naval Officer currently deployed to Camp Lemonnier Djibouti. Evidently you guys recently held a donation drive to send cigars out to us here in Africa with Nathan (NWB) leading the effort. All I have to say is...

HOLY EFFING COW!!!

You folks are insanely, obscenely generous! All in all there were 500+ cigars in the box and 20+ cutters! I can't even begin to express my gratitude for your generosity! We have a ton of cigar lovers out here, myself included, and this is an embarrassment of riches! It just so happens that I am also the Fun Boss for the Wardroom here (the de facto O-Club) and I have already arranged a cigar night for everyone to come out and enjoy some awesome cigars. I have also reached out to the Chief's Mess (the senior enlisted club) and 11 Degrees North (the de facto enlisted club) and will be sharing the love with them too. All with the stipulation that everyone take pictures so that I can come back and share them with everyone here.

Again, thank you more than I can express and stand by for some pictures from a bunch of grateful sailors, soldiers, marines, airmen, and coast guardsmen! In the meantime, here are a few pics to show you just how generous everyone here was!

EDIT: Here's a link to the album with pictures. I'll be posting pictures from the cigar nights soon!   http://imgur.com/a/i6NPQ

StogieDad

Thats awesome!!!  You guys enjoy them, and thank you for your service.  Glad we could do a little something for you.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

gpd4

Glad you enjoyed them - stay safe out there and thank you for your service!
My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

johncw

Thank you for your service. It's the least we can do!

Mojo66

It's awesome getting feedback from deployed troops. Hope you all enjoy.

Stay safe and thank you all for your service and the defense of our liberties.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

DonM

I thank every one of you for your service and I am glad to hear that all ranks are getting to enjoy them, officer and enlisted.  Being an old retired soldier, I know what it is like to get a care package and all of you deserve it!

A reminder:  to post pics they must be under 100 kb and we would love to see them

Stay safe and Happy Holidays

"The Curmudgeon"

Caveman Steve

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

mpurtle01

Awesome.  Thanks to you also, for your service and for your show of appreciation!

05Venturer

So happy to see this awesome message. This right here is what it's all about.  :thumbsup:
I would like to personally thank you for your service. Long Ashes to You All :bow:  :usa:  :respekt:  :bigthumbs:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

benchjockey

It is so awesome to receive a message like this one.
Thanks to all of you and stay safe.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

bigjohn20081983

Thank You for your service and Thank You for sharing I hope you inspected them extra well and maybe got a couple you wanted to try before sharing. :meansmoke:  Again from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU!!!! :thanx:  :usa:  :respekt:
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

mike.casey

Thank you for your service! I hope you guys really enjoy them.
Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

Jackal

All that we ask is that you enjoy them.

Thank you all for your service.   :usa:

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Kman

For all you do..... those cigars are for you!! :Bigthumbs:

Enjoy the smokes and thank all of you for your service!! :usa:
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

The Burn Ward

Cfickter

Great to hear from you.  We cannot send enough to show our appreciation for what you do everyday.. Enjoy
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

bmac7754

Thank you for doing what you do.  May all of you get a chance to enjoy a few of them cigars.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Brlesq

Its the very least we can do for all that you guys do for us!  Enjoy them!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

SenorPablo

You are very welcome Jeremy and thanks so much for your service!  Love the pictures!  Keep 'em coming. :-)

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Otter

:bigthumbs:

I am glad you joined the forums BA... This is a good bunch of folks!
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

SparklePony

Given how much you sacrifice for us every day, it's the least we could do.  Keep those pictures coming!
Yes, it's a pineapple hat.  No, you can't put your cigar out in it.

Remodelx15

Thanks for your service, it's an honor to be a part of a project that might give you guys a bright spot in your day.  Enjoy and be careful out there!
If you're not lucky, we can't use you.
- WW2 Submarine admiral

ntanner

Enjoy and thank you for you're service. :usa:
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

sjn1117

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.