New to the forum from St. Louis

Started by dwinstl, 12/18/2014 12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwinstl

Hello all,

I'm glad that I finally registered as a member. My name is David and I live in St. Louis.   My typical cigar routine involves getting really focused on the current cigar market what's out there new as well as my old favorites (saint Louis ray, Fuente Hemingway, rocky Patel edge, padron anniversary, cao Brazilian, la flora Dominican and others), stocking up and disappearing from the current events and cigar lounges for several months or until I run low.  at my last cigar binge I stocked up on Olivia v, San Latano ovals, Alec Bradley black markets,  Perdomo champagne and 10 year anniversary.  As these dwindle down, I then jump back into the market and get back in the know and stock up the humidors.  most recently, I have gotten into some Funte sharks, crowned heads, La Barba purples and my father cigars.  

I have always known that a big part of my cigar enjoyment was related to that "jump back into the market" phase and that researching, hunting and dreaming of cigars is quite important to me.  Because of this i have decided to take it a bit slower this time and not just spend a week stocking up but letting the humidor stay 1/2 full and keep the research phase ongoing.  

Thus! joining the fanatics!  

I look forward to trading, learning, sharing and creating friendships with fellow cigar enthusiasts and maybe even connecting with other in person that are local to the St. Louis area

David
-David

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

RDF

HokieSmokes!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." H. Jackson Brown

benchjockey

Welcome from South Florida, David.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

dwinstl

I see alot of South, SE, and NW with the state listed.  Would i be better off leaving my city location out? just want to be sure I'm not walking into a problem my eye is not trained to see.  
Thanks!

David (from east Missouri) :)
-David

nirab

Welcome from beeuutaful Buda, Texas!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Brlesq

Great introduction.  Glad to have you join us!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Beegerply

Quotedwinstl - 12/18/2014  3:10 PM

I see alot of South, SE, and NW with the state listed.  Would i be better off leaving my city location out? just want to be sure I'm not walking into a problem my eye is not trained to see.  
Thanks!

David (from east Missouri) :)

David no worries it's just the way some geeks say hello I'm from the Midwest Illinois Quad City area. Welcome to the site enjoy.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

DonM

Welcome from the Sunshine State!

"The Curmudgeon"

StogieDad

Welcome from Atlanta brother.  Best group of folks you could care to know.  Enjoy the site, and don't worry, we tend to enable, I mean help, you fill any stocking needs you have.....:biggrin:
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Ken Kelley

Welcome aboard! I used to live over acrost the river in Belleville years ago.  :welcome:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

toby2

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Longhorn

Rammstein142

Willkommen from NW Arkansas!
"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

gpd4

Welcome from another St. Louis guy!
My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

ebernabe

Welcome from Missouri.   Troy Missouri.   I am from north St Louis county originally.   you will enjoy the site alot.

Mojo66

Welcome to CG David, from Montreal, Quebec.

Not so sure you should hang around here if what you want is to "slowly" fill your humidor(s).:biggrin:
This place is fantastic but it's addictive, don't say I didn't warn you  :shy:
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

ninfiction

Welcome! Be careful though, these guys are a little odd...I kid I kid....maybe
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Cfickter

David, welcome from Pittsburgh
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

1sgjeffward

Welcome from Northern CO!
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

Camshaft83

Great intro and welcome to CG. Enjoy the site and all it and the great people here have to offer.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

sjn1117

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.