How would I...

Started by Chuckster, 12/27/2014 05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuckster

How would I go about starting a pass? How does it work? Do I start it with a certain amount of cigars? Do you put boutique  cigars? Where do I find rules? So many questions!  :confused:  :confused:
One day I will learn...

Cfickter

I would highly recommend before starting a pass you should participate in a few,  Of course you are free to jump in with both feet but highly recommend participating.

Also read this http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=16

Go to the pass forum and read thru a few pass threads, especially the first post and some of the following pages

You will also get a good bit of sage advise thru this thread
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Ken Kelley

QuoteCfickter - 12/26/2014  8:50 PM

I would highly recommend before starting a pass you should participate in a few,  Of course you are free to jump in with both feet but highly recommend participating.

Also read this http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=16

Go to the pass forum and read thru a few pass threads, especially the first post and some of the following pages

You will also get a good bit of sage advise thru this thread

I agree. I applaud your willingness to hit the ground running but sometimes the ground will come running up and hit you. Unfortunately, long experience tells us that new guys without any previous pass experiences of their own sometimes run into almost insurmountable difficulties. Far better to try a couple of the newbie passes, get a feel for how a pass actually works in practice, read, read, read, then gear up, hold your breath, and try a pass of your own. I guarantee that first pass will be memorable even with experience behind you! Trying it cold out of the box will be an exercise in frustration.

However, whatever you want to do is fine by me. I can always use some good entertainment!  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Chuckster

I think you're right! I'm going to look into joining one or two to get the feel of it!
One day I will learn...

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.