A visit to Leaf & Bean

Started by Cfickter, 12/30/2014 12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cfickter

L&B1

Ones on the right are made by Oscar Valladares for Honduras distribution, Jim is the only shop in the US to carry them

L&B2

L&B3

Damn you Jim Robinson!

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Camshaft83

Nice haul. Wish I had shops like that here in Utah. :cry:
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

cavenbk

Nice haul Chuck! Looks like a good time was had by all except your wallet
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

Cfickter

Quotecavenbk - 12/30/2014 3:57 PM Nice haul Chuck! Looks like a good time was had by all except your wallet

Yeah wallet took a bit of a hit, but did reasonably on a buying freeze for November and early December

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

ntanner

Just came back from visiting a couple B& M's here in Jacksonville while visiting our son. I picked up a few sticks but thank to this post the wife is proud of me for not going overboard and thinks stopping at JR'S when we head out is a good idea. Thank Chuck. :biggrin:
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Cfickter

Quotentanner - 12/30/2014 4:14 PM Just came back from visiting a couple B& M's here in Jacksonville while visiting our son. I picked up a few sticks but thank to this post the wife is proud of me for not going overboard and thinks stopping at JR'S when we head out is a good idea. Thank Chuck. :biggrin:

Got your back

toby2

Longhorn

What are you doing this Saturday? :biggrin:

Cfickter

QuoteLonghorn - 12/30/2014  9:17 PM  What are you doing this Saturday? :biggrin:

Sharing 

BewareDaPenguin

Damn Chuck nice haul brother your killing me looking at those!
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

timpellis

I need to get out to the burgh sometime soon.

Cfickter

Quotetimpellis - 12/31/2014  10:06 AM  I need to get out to the burgh sometime soon.

If you ever head this way let me know, first L&B is on me

MichaelS

Never been there. Its only an hour south so i'll have to make a point of it, soon! Being new to this hobby (last two years), I've a lot to learn about great sticks and where to acquire them.
-------------
Yes, I'm a newbie, only been seriously burning sticks for a couple years. Your suggestions are appreciated!

Mojo66

QuoteMichaelS - 3/28/2015  1:01 PM  Never been there. Its only an hour south so i'll have to make a point of it, soon! Being new to this hobby (last two years), I've a lot to learn about great sticks and where to acquire them.

Michael, you should introduce yourself in the Newbie Intro Section of the forum, you'll get a proper welcome and we'll get to know more about you :-)

Welcome to CG by the way

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

appollo

Real nice looking sticks :thumbsup:

Caveman Steve

I'm on the other side of the state, but if I ever get out to the "burgh", Leaf and Bean will be a stop I will make.

Just curious Chuck, but if you drink a "Coke", is it "Soda" or "Pop" ??

That was always a big debate at Penn State between Pittsburghians and Philladelphians.

P.S.  ITS A SODA!!!! 

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

Cfickter

QuoteCaveman Steve - 3/28/2015  3:59 PM  

I'm on the other side of the state, but if I ever get out to the "burgh", Leaf and Bean will be a stop I will make.

That was always a big debate at Penn State between Pittsburghians and Philladelphians.

P.S.  ITS A SODA!!!! 

Steve, I ask for Pepsi but most here call it pop!  If ur ever out this way I would be happy to meet you at L&B. What about the Pens and Flyers playing and outdoor game at Beaver Stadium?

Caveman Steve

QuoteCfickter - 3/28/2015  4:18 PM  
QuoteCaveman Steve - 3/28/2015  3:59 PM  

P.S.  ITS A SODA!!!! 

Steve, I ask for Pepsi but most here call it pop!  If ur ever out this way I would be happy to meet you at L&B. What about the Pens and Flyers playing and outdoor game at Beaver Stadium?

That would be awesome if they can pull it off!  Maybe by 2017 the Flyers will be good again.  They're pretty much a joke right now, as are the Phillies and Sixers.  If it weren't for Chip Kelly and the Eagles, there would be very little sports excitement around here.

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

MacMac

Great buy! The only Cigar shop near me in small town VA is a very small, limited shop. Most of the cigars I purchase, I purchase online, except for an occasional trip through Burlington, NC where I can stop at JR's. That is always a thrill!
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.