Trade - drew estate undercrown ShadyXV 3 sticks for 1 Liga Privada Feral Flying Pigs- complete

Started by dwinstl, 01/01/2015 12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwinstl

Happy new year! I'm interested in trading 3 or so ShadyXV for some 

Liga Privada Feral Flying Pigs. 

Anyone interested?

-David

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

dwinstl

-David

Brlesq

Quotedwinstl - 1/1/2015  10:12 PM

Are you lost in thought or confused!? :)

I'll take "bewildered" as my guess.  Did I win, Eric?  :biggrin:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

ThinBlueLine

I heard from several people that they are rolled horribly and smoke extremely fast...kinda like a wafer...for those that are not familiar with the cigar below is the link.

http://shadyxvcigars.com/
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

Cfickter

Haven't had one and I don't know if this is the case with this line but it just seems like they rush cigars to market to capture brand.  Look at Duck Commander or Garry Sheffield
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

dwinstl

Thin blue line-  while I have only smoked three and I'm no cigar reviewer, here goes!

The look- Beautifully constructed cigar, smooth wrapper, flawless cap, nice deep oily sheen. A bit more petite then one would think for a 5/50 due to the pyramid cap.
The smoke- all three have had a looser draw then I would like, the first cigar I smoked seamed a bit under humidified, reminding me of cigars a buddy would give me that had been in a plastic bag for a month with no humidification. The two subsequent I smoked (after resting in my humidor at 72% for two weeks) were vastly improved. That being said, all three burned cool and with perfect burn line, good strong ash, good smoke production and no need for touch ups. Burn time (this is a estatmate) 45-55 minutes
The flavor- sweet and peppery smoke right away, full flavor medium strength, I got raisins, a touch of ceder, black pepper and burnt caramel (in a good way).

My pallet is far from professionally trained! But I found all three so far quite good. That being said, the loose draw worried me each time but never seemed to take away from the flavor or cause burn issues especially for the two smokes that were under humidification for two weeks.

Definitely not my favorite cigar, but one I'm glad I own and have had the pleasure on smoking. Of course let's not forget, I'm the one who's trying to trade them away!! Haha no but seriously, they are good and worth a try!!

-David

StogieDad

I think you may have to open up you're cigars you are willing to trade for.  FFP's are generally going to be more coveted than any Undercrown, Limited Edition or not.  Not trying to bust your balls, I just think there may be some people who would trade, but probably not giving up FFPs for them brother.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

dwinstl

I know it is a long shot, that's part of why I'm willing to go 1 for 3 but I do realize it's a select few who are willing to trade what is known to be an excellent cigar for one that is pretty good but very limited release. Hoping there are some Die hard drewestate fans out there that can't live without trying one! (Or three!)
-David

StogieDad

Quotedwinstl - 1/2/2015  10:38 AM

I know it is a long shot, that's part of why I'm willing to go 1 for 3 but I do realize it's a select few who are willing to trade what is known to be an excellent cigar for one that is pretty good but very limited release. Hoping there are some Die hard drewestate fans out there that can't live without trying one! (Or three!)

That may hekp you out brother, I wasn't clear it was 1 for 3.  Good luck man!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

dwinstl

-David

williegstyles

Good luck buddy. I bought a pack and sold a couple out of mine for what i paid. Its a good cigar but undersized for the money and definitely NOT worth the trade of FFP's. IMO of course.
Gregory

dwinstl

Quotewilliegstyles - 1/2/2015  6:36 PM  Good luck buddy. I bought a pack and sold a couple out of mine for what i paid. Its a good cigar but undersized for the money and definitely NOT worth the trade of FFP's. IMO of course.

What did you like about the stick? Pretty good flavor… wonderful construction… better get them while they last Huh!! ;)

I'm trying here! The truth is I just want to try one of those flying pigs!

-David

dwinstl

-David

jharrisx5

LOL....I get to try a new smoke, and more importantly...I get a new Geeks addy to demolish.....it's good to have an ulterior motive....buwahahaha!!!!

I'll post when your side of the trade shows up and leave you feedback!
Puff Puff Give....

dwinstl

Jharrisx5 came through big time! The deal was 3 Shady's for one Liga P. FFP.  Instead, I received the FFP accompanied by 4 friends! Thanks Jharrisx5!!   http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=5517
-David

Longhorn

Quotejharrisx5 - 1/3/2015  2:53 PM

LOL....I get to try a new smoke, and more importantly...I get a new Geeks addy to demolish.....it's good to have an ulterior motive....buwahahaha!!!!

I'll post when your side of the trade shows up and leave you feedback!

FOG!  :thumbsup:  :biggrin:

jharrisx5

Puff Puff Give....

williegstyles

Quotedwinstl - 1/2/2015  7:16 PM

Quotewilliegstyles - 1/2/2015  6:36 PM  Good luck buddy. I bought a pack and sold a couple out of mine for what i paid. Its a good cigar but undersized for the money and definitely NOT worth the trade of FFP's. IMO of course.

What did you like about the stick? Pretty good flavor... wonderful construction... better get them while they last Huh!! ;)

I'm trying here! The truth is I just want to try one of those flying pigs!

It had good flavor. The size is really unique. Good luck getting your hands on some at a decent price.
Gregory

cavenbk

You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

BewareDaPenguin

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Brlesq

I knew Jason wasn't going to send just one cigar.  That's just how us Geeks roll!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.