Weight Loss in 2015 Contest & Discussion Thread

Started by mike.casey, 01/07/2015 10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike.casey

Here is the prize pack...

photo 2db68f4e-3526-4eeb-b981-5f71333f565d_zpsbb838b9c.jpg

A comprehensive list of the cigars that it contains is on page 7 of the thread.

------------------

We will do monthly prize drawings as follows...

You will receive one entry per contribution to the thread (posts with a purpose, even if it's just a "congrats!" to someone else, etc)

You will receive double the entries IF you have hit a weight loss checkpoint that month. Checkpoints are as follows...

March 1 - 2% total loss

April 1 - 4% total loss

May 1 - 5.5% total loss

June - 7% total loss

July 1- 8.5% total loss

August 1 - Final Deadline for 10% total loss.

The top 3 competitors will receive 5 additional chances. Monthly weigh-ins will be sent via PM to me. Just PM your current weight when I remind you, no need for pictures, the monthly weigh ins will be on the honor system.

Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

bmac7754

Nice Mike.  I would love to get in on this.  Can I wear my socks in the photo, lol
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

mike.casey

Quotebmac7754 - 1/7/2015  1:20 PM

Nice Mike.  I would love to get in on this.  Can I wear my socks in the photo, lol

You can wear whatever you want, just please don't be holding a gallon of milk in one hand or something like that  :biggrin:

I'll PM you your weigh-in word, and you can get the pic taken any time before Feb. Thanks for getting the ball rolling Brian! You're the favorite to win it right now.

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

shakinghorizons

mike.casey

Quoteshakinghorizons - 1/7/2015  1:39 PM

Hit me up with a weigh-in word as well.
:thumbsup:

On the way!

Ron White

shakinghorizons

Quotemike.casey - 1/7/2015  11:26 PM

. If you lose at least 10% of your starting body weight by the end of the 6 months, your name will be put into a drawing for the prize pack.

If I lose less than 10% of my starting weight, I will throw together a 5'er of some amazing smokes (not stuff I have listed for sale) for the person that has lost the most weight. Davidoff, AVO, and Padron will be at this boxing up party  :dancing: - maybe even some isom from 2000!  :drool:

mike.casey

Quoteshakinghorizons - 1/7/2015  1:48 PM

. If you lose at least 10% of your starting body weight by the end of the 6 months, your name will be put into a drawing for the prize pack.

If I lose less than 10% of my starting weight, I will throw together a 5'er of some amazing smokes (not stuff I have listed for sale) for the person that has lost the most weight. Davidoff, AVO, and Padron will be at this boxing up party  :dancing: - maybe even some isom from 2000!  :drool:

That's awesome! Thanks for the additional support.

Ron White

nirab

Toss me my word when you get a chance Mike!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

mike.casey

Quotenirab - 1/7/2015  1:51 PM

Toss me my word when you get a chance Mike!  :biggrin:

Done!

Ron White

shakinghorizons

Quotemike.casey - 1/8/2015  12:50 AM

I generally don't lost easily - but when I do, this is generally how I hit -

http://9167184ece0db81c4ed8d08373d21882.s3.amazonaws.com/file/attachment/ee9e67069b831cc6142db9cccfcf2487.jpg

mike.casey

Looks like you're a natural Geek Mathematician!

Quoteshakinghorizons - 1/7/2015  1:56 PM

http://9167184ece0db81c4ed8d08373d21882.s3.amazonaws.com/file/attachment/ee9e67069b831cc6142db9cccfcf2487.jpg

Ron White

bmac7754

Quotemike.casey - 1/7/2015  2:36 PM  
Quotebmac7754 - 1/7/2015  1:20 PM  Nice Mike.  I would love to get in on this.  Can I wear my socks in the photo, lol
You can wear whatever you want, just please don't be holding a gallon of milk in one hand or something like that  :biggrin:   I'll PM you your weigh-in word, and you can get the pic taken any time before Feb. Thanks for getting the ball rolling Brian! You're the favorite to win it right now.

I don't know about that.  I'll take anything I can.  I lost almost 40lbs last summer and I got a bad feeling I have put at least 15lbs back.  Haven't checked a scale yet because I don't want to know.

Damn you XBOX ONE, I got that around September and that's when it went south for me. 

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

headfirst

Go ahead and PM me a word, I need motivation to stay disciplined on something like this, maybe that big carrot will help!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

mike.casey

Quoteheadfirst - 1/7/2015  2:42 PM

Go ahead and PM me a word, I need motivation to stay disciplined on something like this, maybe that big carrot will help!

Done :thumbsup:

Ron White

mike.casey

A couple things...

You can send your initial weigh in photo anytime before February 1st. The final deadline will not change based on your submission date, so if you get it in early you have a little extra time to get the weight off.

I will not be accepting final weigh in photos until 2 weeks before the final deadline, so if you lose 10% in 3 months, that's great, but now you have to keep it off (or lose some more) to get in on the prize drawing.

Lastly, we've got our first donation for a monthly prize! So be watching the thread for details on that.

Ron White

Beegerply

I'm in, been fighting the food demons and I need to get started. :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

mike.casey

QuoteBeegerply - 1/7/2015  3:27 PM

I'm in, been fighting the food demons and I need to get started. :biggrin:

Very cool, word sent.

It looks like we're going to have a lot of support moving forward!

Ron White

gpd4

That's a hell of a carrot to chase!  Please send me a word - hopefully this will get me off my fat a$$...
My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

nirab

Quoteshakinghorizons - 1/7/2015  1:56 PM

Quotemike.casey - 1/8/2015  12:50 AM

HOLY SHYTE!!  :-0  :-0
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

bmac7754

Quotemike.casey - 1/7/2015  2:36 PM  
Quotebmac7754 - 1/7/2015  1:20 PM  Nice Mike.  I would love to get in on this.  Can I wear my socks in the photo, lol
You can wear whatever you want, just please don't be holding a gallon of milk in one hand or something like that  :biggrin:   I'll PM you your weigh-in word, and you can get the pic taken any time before Feb. Thanks for getting the ball rolling Brian! You're the favorite to win it right now.

So I should probably put the beer and cigar down too??  Thanks again for setting this up Mike.  This should be fun, and motivational not doing it alone.

mike.casey

Quotegpd4 - 1/7/2015  3:52 PM

That's a hell of a carrot to chase!  Please send me a word - hopefully this will get me off my fat a$$...
On the way!

Ron White

05Venturer

I had taken mine yesterday already, do I need a word?
Here is my pic

Looking for 292 :thumbsup:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

ninfiction

I'm in too, already got my word and emailed my pic.

I would also suggest signing up for http://www.myfitnesspal.com/  honestly, it's a pain in the ass to track everything you eat but this app will make you think about what you're eating because you do need to enter it all in. It'll calculate your daily calorie amount based on the goals you put in. It really is a great app, just requires some work, but getting into shape requires work so what's another 10-15 minutes?
This is not the admin you're looking for...

cavenbk

You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

mike.casey

Quote05Venturer - 1/7/2015  6:56 PM

I had taken mine yesterday already, do I need a word?
Here is my pic

Looking for 292 :thumbsup:

I'll send you a word soon, just to keep it consistent.

Ron White

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.