Serious Cigars Drew Estate Event Split

Started by Kid Montana, 01/13/2015 03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kid Montana

Folks,

My sources tell me on Saturday at the Drew Estate event at Serious Cigars in Houston there will be a nice discount on boxes of DE cigars.  I would like to open up the opportunity for folks to chime in with what vitolas and blends they'd be interested in splitting.  My early favorites would be a box of T52 robustos and a box of No9. Toros.  I think they are all boxes of 25 but I'm not certain.  Full disclosure: I get the opportunity to buy a box of rare/htf DE by buying two boxes of regular production stuff.  If so, I'd be happy to include one of the rare/htf up in the split if possible, or I can offer up one of the UF-13s or Dirty Rats I have laying around already.  

What are folks favorite Drew Estate offerings?  Who is interested in partnering with me on a little box split action?

I'd rather have a cigar...

ninfiction

Kent posted up an event on FB near us on Friday that I may try hitting up. It didn't say anything about discounts but I typically get a 15% discount for volume. It's a buy a box or 20 mix and get 7 Free cigars a hat and a cutter. I'm hoping they have some Unicos, but this particular shop never does. It's a DE/JdN combo event.

See how that goes and maybe I'd be interested if it doesn't pan out Friday night.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Rammstein142

What is the price looking like? May be interested if it is in my price range. Also would be interested in a T-52 if we can make this happen. Let me know as I have some extra funds laying around but not sure if it will be enough for a split.
"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

williegstyles

If you're in the Houston area I would strongly encourage you to attend this event. I went to one several years ago and Pete Johnson (Tatuaje) and Don Pepin were there. The specials were CRAZY!!! They raffled off easily 10k worth of items. Open bar and full course meal. The grand prize was a Vespa. I won a Nintendo Wii that my kids still play with to this day.
Gregory

sar127

QuoteRammstein142 - 1/15/2015  8:17 PM  What is the price looking like? May be interested if it is in my price range. Also would be interested in a T-52 if we can make this happen. Let me know as I have some extra funds laying around but not sure if it will be enough for a split.

They should be 20% off MSRP. 

Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

Rhall

Quotesar127 - 1/16/2015  12:03 AM

QuoteRammstein142 - 1/15/2015  8:17 PM  What is the price looking like? May be interested if it is in my price range. Also would be interested in a T-52 if we can make this happen. Let me know as I have some extra funds laying around but not sure if it will be enough for a split.

They should be 20% off MSRP. 

20% off sounds right. At the last DE event here everything was 20% off as is with most events. also walked away with a sweet MUWAT and Liga hat
Insert sarcastic quote here.

Longhorn

Daniel, I'd be willing to split anything in the LP9 line-up.  LP9's come in 24 count boxes.

Kid Montana

I think the prices will be lower than average but still higher than a real bargain, the buddy deals, the dealer specials.   I do not have any pricing yet.

Kid Montana

Ok, pricing has been announced: https://mlsvc01-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/72fd3bef201/21385a46-7b01-4a07-ba9d-2b44d9a0f138.pdf

I'm looking to get a box of No 9. Belicosos, which comes to $13.50 a stick after tax (8%).  I'll also be getting a box of T52 Robustos which will be $11.35 a stick after tax.  I'll probaby pick up a couple boxes of Nortenos as well.

Rammstein142

Well the big dogs are out of my budget for a half split but, if these items I am selling sell, I would be up for a split on a box of Nortenos.
"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

Kid Montana

I'll can sell 5ers if that works better for everybody.

ninfiction

I went to the event here tonight, the prices weren't that good and I wouldn't call it an "event" but I did have a deal buy a mix of 20 or a box and get 10 free (Undercrowns and JdN Antano, they had some acids and some others I wasn't interested in) a free hat and a cutter. They didn't have the Nortenos or I would have grabbed those, got a 5vr of #9, 3 T52's and some others. They had 1 box of FFP but at $20 each I passed...
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Rammstein142

Jeebus yea that sounds pretty crummy, at least you got a few good scores then.

sar127

Just helping out Dan:

Undercrown 25ct - $150-200
Herrera 25ct - $160-212
KFC 10ct - $33-68
#9 24ct - $250-320
T52 24ct - $250-320
Nica Rustica 25ct - $140
MUWAT 10ct - $50-94
JDN 20ct - $110-180
Joya Red 20ct - $95-120
Antano 1970 20ct - $90-160

Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

timpellis

Not to rain on your parade but after tax a box of LP9 Robustos is 271.62 and small batch has the same box for 269.95. i guess if it comes with some freebies it would be worth it. Definitely a good deal for a local place, and I would be doing the same thing at my local place as well, but the value just doesn't seem there to order from afar. Thanks for sharing though and probably a good thing for my wallet I don't live in houston anymore because I would be going and buying way too much.

nkowal

Nice... Ratzilla, Dirty Rat and FFP available. Guess I need to wait patiently for the next DE event...

Vroomp

Too bad #9's were going for $214 today on Cbid til I bid on them........  :confused:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

williegstyles

Quotenkowal - 1/16/2015  9:50 PM

Nice... Ratzilla, Dirty Rat and FFP available. Guess I need to wait patiently for the next DE event...

Cigars At Your Price has DR's. $13.25/stick is the best price.
Gregory

nkowal

Quotewilliegstyles - 1/17/2015  12:50 AM

Quotenkowal - 1/16/2015  9:50 PM

Cigars At Your Price has DR's. $13.25/stick is the best price.

Oh I've been eyeing those!

Kid Montana

LOL, cheap bastards.  :D  I guess Geeks are nortoiousl deal hunters and if it ain't, it ain't.

timpellis

No tax and free shipping makes it hard to beat online stores. i will spend a few bucks more in person at an event, but online is really tough to beat. Have a great time, like Vegas don't take more than you want to spend!

Longhorn

Dan, a couple of bucks isn't a big enough deal for me to pass up a split with you.  If you've landed the beli's I'm still in with you, brother. :thumbsup:

nkowal

QuoteKid Montana - 1/17/2015  2:30 PM

LOL, cheap bastards.  :D  I guess Geeks are nortoiousl deal hunters and if it ain't, it ain't.

I'd be happy to split any of the ones I mentioned with you, I just didn't think you wanted to based on the original post. I'm just not in need of #9s at the moment.

Kid Montana

So it was a great event.  There was a raffle and I won four times.  Nothing spectacular, but a lot of fun none the less. I'll be posting up split options tomorrow. I scored a bundle of Ratzillas and a box of UF-13s to highlight the night.

Longhorn

Sounds like a good night and fun event!  :thumbsup:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.