Mini PIF Chapter 3

Started by bmac7754, 01/29/2015 06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmac7754

Starting a new thread, chapter 2 is about 2 years old and starting to get loading problems. 

Old thread http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=18148.0

Kxthor911 has given his list to vw77guy to post up.  You are up Shawn. 

Here is jackal Postponing from the beginning:

I know that there has been a lot of talk by those who have smaller collections that the wish lists from the PIF are way out of their reach. Thus I am starting PIF II, Son of the PIF. 

The rules are similar to the original PIF but with some small exceptions: 

1. The PIF that will be sent is limited to 5 cigars. Please don't think that you are being generous by adding a few ride along cigars. It makes the next person feel cheap if they don't keep up with the quantity of cost of the previous box. 

2. Only one cigar from the wishlist is required. If you have 2, that's great, but again, let's try and keep the costs down so that no one feels pressured to go all out. 

Other than that we run this like the other. 
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

bigjohn20081983

Quotebmac7754 - 1/29/2015  9:02 PM  
Starting a new thread, chapter 2 is about 2 years old and starting to get loading problems. 

Old thread http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=18148.0

Kxthor911 has given his list to vw77guy to post up.  You are up Shawn.

:bigthumbs:  good idea

You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

bmac7754

Shawn this was Nicks original post that you could not see. 

(Kxthor911) I'm passing this to vw77guy. Shawn make a list brother. You guys know the drill by now. Please look at the quality of sticks I sent and try to send some of equal awesomeness. Shawn a list is required, not just send me whatever. Take your time if need be and enjoy brother.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

vw77guy

Quotebmac7754 - 1/29/2015  9:40 PM

Shawn this was Nicks original post that you could not see. 

(Kxthor911) I'm passing this to vw77guy. Shawn make a list brother. You guys know the drill by now. Please look at the quality of sticks I sent and try to send some of equal awesomeness. Shawn a list is required, not just send me whatever. Take your time if need be and enjoy brother.

Nick, that is way awesome brother.  I'll have to give this some thought and post a list late tonight.  Thanks again and sorry I was in the dark not being able to view chapter 2.  Thanks for the help Bmac.

kxthor911

BMAC, Brian, it may be wise to post up what I sent you in this thread to give people a good idea of what I sent. I really like when people try to send equal quality sticks. Just trying to be fair, just because its a gift I would still like to see some great sticks go around.
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

bmac7754

Quotekxthor911 - 1/29/2015  10:52 PM  BMAC, Brian, it may be wise to post up what I sent you in this thread to give people a good idea of what I sent. I really like when people try to send equal quality sticks. Just trying to be fair, just because its a gift I would still like to see some great sticks go around.

No problem Nick.  This is the great 5'er that kxthor911 had sent when he picked up my pif.

If I got them correct they are:

Viaje Exclusivo Double Edged Sword II

Tatuaje Monster Series Jekyll

Por Larranaga  E.R. Asia Pacifico Encantos

Montecristo  Edmundo

Tatuaje Seleccion de Cazador Series Regios

vw77guy

I put together a list of a few things that I would either like to try, or are some of my favorites.  Since this is the mini PIF, these aren't going to break the bank, nor should they be too hard to find.  (Believe me, I have another list!)  But at the same time, I tried to put on a few of the "upper middle class" sticks that I know I would like.  So, here it is guys.  And keep in mind, I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to cigar gifts!  Thanks again.

Oliva Saison
Liga Privada no. 9
Liga Privada T52
Fallen Angel
Man O' War OCC
Man O' War Armada
EP Carillo La Historia E-III
Undercrown Shady
Litto Gomez (regular line)

Vroomp

If no one minds I would like to pick this one up! :shades:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Longhorn

All yours, brother.  :thumbsup:

Vroomp

Is this the one with a 5 stick limit? :confused:

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.

bmac7754

Nice Brad, and yes it is the 5 stick limit

Vroomp

bigjohn20081983

QuoteVroomp - 1/30/2015  3:54 PM  Bummer! :-(

Is there a rule that says a BOMB can't be added to a PIF? Besides Geek Math is notoriously bad anyway/ :biggrin:

You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

vw77guy

Thanks Brad.  I tried to make it easy for ya!

bmac7754

Quotebigjohn20081983 - 1/30/2015  4:07 PM  

QuoteVroomp - 1/30/2015  3:54 PM  Bummer! :-(

Is there a rule that says a BOMB can't be added to a PIF? Besides Geek Math is notoriously bad anyway/ :biggrin:

Not at all. The mini PIF was to be kept to 5 so the next person doesn't feel pressured that's all. I just put Jason's original pif listing in the beginning of this thread. 

Vroomp

Shawn,,,, smokes are heading out today....9405 9036 9930 0351 1004 63 :smoker:

vw77guy

The wife said the mail box was a little heavy today!!!  Can't wait to get home and check it out!

vw77guy

Hey Brad,
  You made my day brother.  Love all of them!  Get that list up.

cavenbk

You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

bmac7754

Brad that is a sweet set of smokes.  Very nicely done.

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

johncw

Vroomp

Here's the short list:

La Jugada Prieto

Ezra Zion  FHK Truth

La Jugada Nunchuck

Emilio Cigars Draig Cayuquero

El Centurion Toria Limited Edition

Las Calaveras Edición Limitada 2014 LCC550

Herederos de Robaina

Davidoff Art Edition 2014

Hoya de Monterrey Le Hoyo de San Juan

Quesada 40th Anniversary Corona Clasica

Senorial Belicoso No.2

Montecristo Petit No.2

Quesada Joel Sherman 75th Celebration

La Jugada Nanchuck

Nat Sherman Epoca Prince

Cohiba Esplendido

Padron Family Reserve 50 Years Maduro

Illusione Fume d'Amour Clementes

Las Calaveras

El Titan de Bronze (any)

La Palina Goldie

Sabor de Esteli corona

Mojo66

Brad that was a sensational Mini PIF with nothing Mini about it. What a nice cigar selection.

And what about that list, I've been wanting to pick up a list but I just can't touch this one, I don't even have one of the cigars listed.

I had one Las Calaveras but smoked it a few days ago (it was a great cigar).
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

vw77guy

LOL.  I've got one!  Nice list man.  Good luck.  There's some stuff that's hard to find there.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.