What moviegoers in Baghdad think of 'American Sniper'

Started by Longhorn, 01/29/2015 10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longhorn

Versus "What moviegoers in Baghdad think of 'Living in a Terrorist State'?

USA Today article here: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/01/29/baghdad-moviegoers-american-sniper/22518333/

USA Today can lick my...   :loser:

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Mojo66

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

amigodecigars

I enjoyed the movie...but thought that the plastic baby was weird.
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

Otter

My first thought when I saw the subject was 'who cares what they think...' ;-)
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

Beegerply

Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

lubrix

QuoteOtter - 1/30/2015  8:41 AM

x2 and what Michael Moore thinks!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

shakinghorizons

QuoteOtter - 1/30/2015  7:41 PM

Couldn't agree with you more!

Kman

Quotentanner - 1/30/2015  8:21 AM  Doesn't sound like they all disliked it.

That was my impression as well. Sounds like the people they interviewed were mostly supportive of the movie and the effort to remove terrorists. 

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Longhorn

When I read the article it started off fine... curiosity about how people there reacted to the film.

Where it went south, in my opinion, is when the reporter asked questions like: "When asked if he thought the movie was racist or anti-Arab — a charge made by some critics in the West..."  USA Today stopped reporting and pushed an agenda.

And then to quote this...  "The sniper, he has a chance to hit the child and his mother in their foot or anywhere without killing them, but he didn't because he's bloodthirsty like all the American troops."

Yea, that's it... American troops are bloodthirsty and a movie about an American soldier is racist... nice work USA Today.  The article was written with one intent - to perpetuate those lines of thought and the interviewees were lead there by the reporter.

Oh, and they pulled the movie from some theaters because it was too violent?  The irony is so think it could be cut with a knife, eh, a fork, I meant to say fork.

Ted

Just sounded to me that most of the people liked it, even though the government employee did not. The government employee's statements were no worse than half the s**t I hear coming out of the mouths of our own politicians. If anything, the only agenda I would see this article pushing is that the people of Iraq disagree with their government. I think that is a good thing to point know.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but am hoping to next weekend.

05Venturer

QuoteLonghorn - 1/30/2015  12:12 AM

Versus "What moviegoers in Baghdad think of 'Living in a Terrorist State'?

USA Today article here: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/01/29/baghdad-moviegoers-american-sniper/22518333/

USA Today can lick my...   :loser:

Let me know how getting your  :loser: licked goes  :confused:  :lmao:
Do they do that at the "Tenderbox" ? Lmao
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

appollo

Its a war movie.I like war movies,but its just a movie if you don.t think you'll like it don't go to watch it.

horrido

It's a movie Hollywood would have taken liberty to modify where they see fit. I would take it with a grain of salt whereas The movie Fury was ok but it had some liberties taken there as in combat tactics with tanks. A tiger tank has an advantage of distance and would never move unless required to it can shoot a mile away and nail its target but a battle scene where they dance around is a better movie. I will need to watch Sniper and see for myself I do like all kinds of war movies. The one that started the realism on the field showing what happens when s**t hits the fan I think was Platoon in Vietnam. Curious what you guys think on the Hollywood liberties on these types of movies?
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

Michaelbevans61

That was an interesting read, thanks for posting.
Rock and roll is no genre, rock and roll? .......my friends rock and roll is a way of life!
Brent Smith, Shinedown

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.