CG Cigar Update

Started by SenorPablo, 02/01/2015 07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorPablo

Thought I would let you guys know progress is moving forward.  Stayed tuned for more info.  For those that missed it before here is the Box Art.  This is a project between CG and a partnership with Reinado Cigars.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

bigjohn20081983

You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

Caveman Steve

Wow, missed that completely.

Way Cool! 

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

The Burn Ward

Longhorn

Thanks for the update, Paul.  Attractive band - I like the clean, simplicity of it!

DonM

Sweet!  I didn't know this was happening

"The Curmudgeon"

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Mojo66

So cool, can't wait to smoke one of our very own CG cigar.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

ntanner

Looking forward to these. Thanx for the up date Paul.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Michaelbevans61

Thanks for the update Paul! Really excited to see these come around!
Rock and roll is no genre, rock and roll? .......my friends rock and roll is a way of life!
Brent Smith, Shinedown

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Cfickter

Looking forward to the release
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

toby2

bmac7754

This is so awesome
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

ninfiction

Anyone have a link to the original? Is there more info about the cigar itself?
This is not the admin you're looking for...

StogieDad

Sweet!  Looking forward to it!  :bigthumbs:
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

Vroomp

Quoteninfiction - 2/1/2015  12:39 PM  Anyone have a link to the original? Is there more info about the cigar itself?
As I recall we voted for a Corona Gordo for size and medium full body. So far, Antonio has yet to create anything that wasn't great!!!! :bigthumbs:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

SenorPablo

So after quite a bit of discussion with Antonio at Reinado and wanting to come up with something unique, we've decided to go with the Petite Lancero vitola.  This will measure 6x38.
Wrapper = Habano Maduro
Binder = Nicaragua
Filler = Nicaragua

We have been balancing the quality with the pricing side of things.  I think most would rather have a nicer quality stick and pay a bit more and that is where we are heading.

These will come in boxes of 10, so that should make a box more affordable to a larger number of folks.  Final price is still being worked out.  We will only be producing 100 boxes.

We have a few of the samples in hand if the weather finally gets nice I'll get a chance to try the latest.  :-)  I'll keep you guys posted on the progress.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Rebecca Silverwolf

Looking forward to trying these. Thanks for the update, very exciting!
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

ThinBlueLine

Thanks for the update Paul
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

gpd4

Sounds good to me!
My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Ted

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.