It's Your Birthday

Started by Chrism305, 02/05/2015 08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrism305

This is a thread generated automatically by the Cigar Pass system to discuss the Cigar Pass named 'It's Your Birthday'.

Use this link to return back to the Cigar Pass.

Jackal

Interesting idea.  What RG and length will you make the tube?  If it is too big the stick will rattle around and could get damaged; too small and a larger RG or long stick won't fit.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Chrism305

I will post a pic when I get home. I think 56 RG and 6.5 tall. Good thought, I can make sure there is wrapping material to stuff the tube if necessary. As long as it is easily recognized as the gift it works for me if it is not inside my tube.

Cfickter

Love the idea, thanks for letting me play
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Chrism305

Here are the directions:

(1) Open your gift from the sender.

(2) Choose the Cigars to open.

(3) Take pic of opened (1) and (2)

(4) Place label on the inside of wrapping paper. ( Use the same color as the stick you opened)

(5) Write info onto sticker

(6) Wrap and tape cigar

(7) Tie the ends with ribbon.

(8) Repack with gift for next player.

(9) Off to the Post Office.

StogieDad

Thanks for letting me play brother!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Chrism305

Glad to have you guys.

Jackal

Thanks for letting me in on this.  Sounds like a lot of fun.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Rammstein142

Just put in a request!! This seems like an excellent idea!
"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

Chrism305

Thanks, just added you and a couple of others.

cavenbk

Sounds like a fun time. I'll play if you'll have me.
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

horrido

Thanks for letting me participate I will  ask you on a special request I do not want the risk of loosing 20 sticks to customs so we need to be careful on how it is shipped or we can come up with a different idea for shipping north of the border.

Btw great idea on pass.

Thanks again

Mark
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

Rammstein142

Awesome thanks for adding me!! Can't wait for this pass, such a cool idea!
"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

ninfiction

Thanks for the add! This is an awesome idea, who doesn't like presents...
This is not the admin you're looking for...

horrido

Quoteninfiction - 2/5/2015  5:34 PM

Thanks for the add! This is an awesome idea, who doesn't like presents...

Doesn't it make you want to open them all........... :dancing:
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

bmac7754

Sounds cool Chris, Can I get in
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

bmac7754

Thanks for adding me Chris.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

cavenbk

Thanks for adding me as well!!! Can't wait
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

The Burn Ward

Vroomp

Seems we did one similar to this a year or two back. Might I suggest numbering the sticks in each color for the folks from the GWN to pick virtually? When a stick is taken it is replaced with a stick with the same number so they can pick red#5, blue#2, etc....... :?:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

NebNorse

This sounds like fun!  Request sent.  :)
"I'll come back as soon as I can with as much as I can. In the meantime, you've got to hold!" - As spoken to General Wainright by General MacArthur in March of 1942

My Cigar smells better than YOUR FEEDLOT!

Chrism305

When it comes back to me I had planned to number them for the virtual end of the pass. For the regular part I didn't think we need to number them, it is already complicated with wrapping and labeling the insides.

Chrism305

Two more members and we can start this off early.

05Venturer

was gonna sit out passes for a bit but this sounds too fun
request sent if you'll have me brother
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Chrism305

Kent you're in. One more and we can kick it off.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.