Viewing Wishlists

Started by 17leaves, 02/10/2015 07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

17leaves

Would it be possible to add a link to the cigar database so it shows who has that particular cigar in their wish list? Unless I'm missing something it seems the only way is to go into a users virtual humidor and click on their wish list. I've edited a photo of what I'm thinking of in case what I said didn't make sense   :-)

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn185/Brady_Stover/1_zpsizkvox2c.jpg" /img>

bigjohn20081983

Alot of us have links to our humidors in are signature area and if you click on the name like you want to send a private message you can view a persons humidor. Then as you can see you have the wishlist of cigars people want to have.
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

Longhorn

Brady, that's a great idea...  it would seem there would need to be another dB/table maintained and updated to provide the member info who have a particular vitola on their Wish List.

SeƱorPablo would be the right Geek to ask.

Mojo66

Interesting idea, could prove useful
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

quickme

I think that's a great idea!

Kman

QuoteLonghorn - 2/10/2015  11:18 AM  Brady, that's a great idea...  it would seem there would need to be another dB/table maintained and updated to provide the member info who have a particular vitola on their Wish List.  SeñorPablo would be the right Geek to ask.

I wouldn't think it would need to be another table. I'm guessing you could query the humidor/wishlist table(s) using the current cigar that you're on in the db. I would think it'd be some fairly straight-forward SQL.

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

SenorPablo

I like the idea.  I'll add it to the wish list of enhancements.  :-)

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

bstessl

QuoteSenorPablo - 2/10/2015  3:25 PM

-Paul

Well played Sir!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

The Burn Ward

QuoteSenorPablo - 2/10/2015  4:25 PM

-Paul

:thumbsup:

17leaves

QuoteSenorPablo - 2/10/2015  4:25 PM

-Paul

Thanks Paul! I was just thinking (from a bombing/wishlist fulfillment point of view) that it would be easier to see who is looking for the same sticks I have without having to go through the huge list of member wishlists one at a time.

ThinBlueLine

That's a pretty cool idea, I don't maintain a wishlist but I think I will start.  It will also tell us the most sought after cigar by geeks.
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

quickme

all this talk about wishlists has me snooping on people's lists.  :D

MacMac

I have some cigs in my wish list, but I'm not as diligent maintaining it as I am with my main humidor and my smoked list.

In the smoked list, I wish I could keep "lots" of the same cigar separated and that I could keep the purchase date so I'd be able to know how old the cigar was when I smoked it.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

johncw

sounds like a cool idea!

Longhorn

QuoteMacMac - 7/13/2015  11:58 PM

I have some cigs in my wish list, but I'm not as diligent maintaining it as I am with my main humidor and my smoked list.

In the smoked list, I wish I could keep "lots" of the same cigar separated and that I could keep the purchase date so I'd be able to know how old the cigar was when I smoked it.

Enter each lot with a $0.01 difference in price and the entry will show up as a separate one for that vitola.

Mojo66

QuoteLonghorn - 7/14/2015  12:53 AM  
QuoteMacMac - 7/13/2015  11:58 PM  I have some cigs in my wish list, but I'm not as diligent maintaining it as I am with my main humidor and my smoked list.  In the smoked list, I wish I could keep "lots" of the same cigar separated and that I could keep the purchase date so I'd be able to know how old the cigar was when I smoked it.
Enter each lot with a $0.01 difference in price and the entry will show up as a separate one for that vitola.  

I did not think of that, that is a real good idea that I will put to good use.

Camshaft83

QuoteLonghorn - 7/13/2015  10:53 PM

QuoteMacMac - 7/13/2015  11:58 PM

This is genius. Thanks for the great idea.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

05Venturer

Looks like Bruce is Wishing for some Pineapple White Owls. I new he liked them but never saw them on his wish list. LMAO
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Mojo66

Quote05Venturer - 7/14/2015  8:26 AM  Looks like Bruce is Wishing for some Pineapple White Owls. I new he liked them but never saw them on his wish list. LMAO

That is good to know, I'll be sure to include some for him next time I'm sending a package his way  :biggrin:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.