Leaving negative feedback

Started by ebernabe, 02/14/2015 01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebernabe

I sent my part of the trade to an individual, but he never sent his part.  What is the accepted way to handle this before leaving negative feedback?

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9114%209012%203080%201793%209756%2067>Tracking

ThinBlueLine

Has there been any communication?  Obviously you can see if the person has opened your PM and when they've last logged on etc...  I like to give the benefit of the doubt before blasting as you just never know what is going on in someone's life that could've delayed things. 
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

Ken Kelley

QuoteThinBlueLine - 2/13/2015  6:58 PM

Has there been any communication?  Obviously you can see if the person has opened your PM and when they've last logged on etc...  I like to give the benefit of the doubt before blasting as you just never know what is going on in someone's life that could've delayed things. 

Patience is a good thing in instances like these. Send some PM's. Check to see when the person logged in most recently. Generally, if you find someone has logged in recently then they may be ignoring your PM's. See if an email is listed in the profile and try that too. If, in a reasonable time, as defined by you, you get no response then you might ratchet things up a bit.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

DonM

I am agree, if you have exhausted all forms of communication with no results, given it time and still no response.......Nuke him

"The Curmudgeon"

05Venturer

Quoteebernabe - 2/14/2015  3:59 AM

I sent my part of the trade to an individual, but he never sent his part.  What is the accepted way to handle this before leaving negative feedback?

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9114%209012%203080%201793%209756%2067>Tracking

If the tracking link is correct, the address looks to be someone who is no longer with us.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Cfickter

good advise here, make sure you have exhausted all routes then post it.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

wescat

If you have given the dude enough time to fulfill his end of the trade and he hasn't gotten it done, leaving negative feedback is the right thing to do IMO. Should he correct the situation, you can always update your feedback.

I have left negative feedback once. Here are some threads where this topic has been discussed:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=9767.0

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=16289.0

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=14311.0

The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

SenorPablo

Unfortunately, I think the person you are looking for was banned for the trouble he seemed to thrive on creating with members.  It seems in such a classless manner he has chosen to take it out on you.  I think some people have found him making an appearance on another site but I cant recall which one.  Maybe you should go over there and call him out if someone can remember which site it was - assuming he hasn't been banned from that one by now as well.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

StogieDad

Quote05Venturer - 2/14/2015  7:50 AM

If the tracking link is correct, the address looks to be someone who is no longer with us.

I believe you are correct sir.  I don't think negative is gonna help in this case, he has been excommunicated....
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Longhorn

X2 - if that's the case, then the person doesn't have a way to get on this site and get your address or communicate with you.

SenorPablo

QuoteLonghorn - 2/14/2015  9:18 AM

X2 - if that's the case, then the person doesn't have a way to get on this site and get your address or communicate with you.

That's a great point.  Let me PM you the email he has on file here.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Vroomp

He also has a Facebook Page if you want to call him out on that!

And since he was such a douche bag,,,, I would!!!!

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

bigjohn20081983

There is still away to get to the persons info that was on the profile if you go to a thread they posted on say for a pass they started you can click on the name and still see the info including address and Facebook but Vroop has already included the link to his Facebook for you.
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

Brlesq

That sucks, but was easy to see coming with that character.  I will keep my eyes out for him on other websites.  In the meantime, I have sent you a PM with some other links to find him.  I suggest you reach out to him on those places since he can't get PMs here.  

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

shakinghorizons

He has since moved to another forum I'm on, if you'd like me to reach out to him, drop a PM.

ThinBlueLine

Bruce is the man, what is/was this clowns handle on this site and the site he moved too?  No need to keep a secret
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

bmac7754

QuoteThinBlueLine - 2/14/2015  10:29 AM  Bruce is the man, what is/was this clowns handle on this site and the site he moved too?  No need to keep a secret

I am assuming it was s+j we are talking about. If you click on my database pass and click his name in the forum it has his address and Facebook as well. He may have been banned here but should still honor cigars in a trade and do the right thing.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Mojo66

He should at least fulfill his side of any deals pending, no matter if he was banned or not. And, I must add, he was banned of his own doing and was given plenty of warnings. No sense making someone else pay for one's own wrong doing, what a do*chebag :angry:

Eric, I truly hope this gets resolved fully and to your complete satisfaction.

(had to edit, really meant to say "at YOUR... satisfaction" not "our")

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

DonM

If he moved on to another site & I knew where, I would call him out there. What do you have to lose, you are already out cigars. Might as well let others see that he is a douche as well.

"The Curmudgeon"

gpd4

Maybe he was confused on how to cherry-pick a simple trade?
My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

ebernabe

Seems i didnt have to mention any name and you know which unconventional person i was referring to.  thanks would explain the no activity.

ebernabe

Thank for the other links .  will start hounding him

Ken Kelley

Heh! Looks like this s+j yahoo has gone WAY beyond Texlewee. Twinky, and any other number of names in the Hall of Infamy!  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

toby2

yeah what an ass. so many bombs, trades, pifs, and blind sales go on here w/o a hitch though. glad this dick has left the building for sure! 

05Venturer

Quotegpd4 - 2/14/2015  2:11 PM

Maybe he was confused on how to cherry-pick a simple trade?

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :bigthumbs:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.