From the M*A*S*H episode"Fade Out, Fade In:" COL. POTTER: Cigar? RADAR: Will it stunt my growth? COL. POTTER: Whattya got to loose? RADAR: Is it Habit forming? COL. POTTER: Nah, I've smoked 5 cigars a day and never got the habit! RADAR: That's good to know! (After lighting cigars, Radar makes a puzzled look) COL POTTER: Nothin' like a good cigar on a clear morning! RADAR: Or Cream of Wheat. Later, Radar was found over the hill, sick from his first cigar...

Main Menu

Rich Text Editor not working in Chrome browser

Started by Hot Stuff x, 03/01/2015 01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot Stuff x

This isn't a new issue, been going on for a few months at least.  Rich Text Editor tools aren't working in Chrome.  Possible I have some settings wrong.  Insert photo, insert link, etc do not work for me, and also the format of the post is often screwed up.  Is it just me?
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

bmac7754

I get it to work on the iPad, not sure about the laptop, I've never tried to switch it on that.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

SenorPablo

I don't normally use the Rich Text editor but just switched over to it to try it out and i'm seeing the same thing.  None of the buttons seem to work.  Probably needs an upgrade.  I'll look around and see what others say.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Brlesq

Its been that way for a LONG time.  I just thought it was my PC and gave up.  Didn't realize that it was a site issue.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

sar127

Yea its never worked for me either. I've had to resort to HTML for links and pics.
Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

Cigary

I can use Rich Text or Basic only when answering or posting in a thread.  If I try to just post at the bottom of the thread it is stuck on Basic Text...when I see a thread I want to post on I will click on the "reply" icon and choose what Editor I want to use.

toby2

when i switched to a mac i found it doesn't work with safari either

Hot Stuff x

QuoteCigary - 3/2/2015  6:59 AM  I can use Rich Text or Basic only when answering or posting in a thread.  If I try to just post at the bottom of the thread it is stuck on Basic Text...when I see a thread I want to post on I will click on the "reply" icon and choose what Editor I want to use.

I think that's normal, Gary.  The reply box at the bottom of the page is a "quick reply" box, without all the functionality of the full editor.   This is a pretty common format on other sites as well. 

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Longhorn

You can set you account to see additional function of reply as your default.  Go to account settings and set the "How should the reply box in thread view be displayed?" switch to "Full".

The rich text editor does not work on the Safari platform either - the html version of BB Code is the easiest way to format without it.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.