Los Blancos Premiere Selection and La Herencia Cubana Classic @ CI

Started by Vroomp, 03/03/2015 06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vroomp

What do you think about this?

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

johncw

appollo

Watched this last nite I,m not sure what to think.I hope that on premium brands you don't have to worry ,but if there is a way for someone to make extra cash greed takes over.
  I hope CI has no knowledge of this going on and this is coming from the factory in which case we are in trouble anyway.
  Both seller and manufacture are both going to step up quality control until then buyer beware. :cry:

quickme

I would be pissed if I ordered sticks and this is what they send me.  I hope CI is unaware at what is going on and will make things right.

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

sjn1117

Unbelievable! It's one thing to buy cheap stuff knowingly, but to get duped is a whole other thing. I'm curious to see if CI responds to this seeing that they've been specifically called out.
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

Phog

Video has been taken down due to legal issues.  That is close to an admission of guilt on CI's side.

Jackal

I did not see the video.  Can you give a quick summary of what happened?

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Phog

Brian took a Los Blancos stick bought from CI and advertised as premium long-filler.  He cut it open to reveal floor scraps.

The Burn Ward

QuotePhog - 3/3/2015  3:55 PM

Video has been taken down due to legal issues.  That is close to an admission of guilt on CI's side.

CI does way to much business and they have way to much power and too many resources, they have the ability to buy out brands and commission brands of their own. I do not doubt they sold these cigars and I believe there are other illegitimate cigars that are passed on to the customers.

"Premium", "Super Premium", "Quality": Just words to try and make you feel better about spending your money. My advice would be to stay away from anything being pushed too hard and don't buy bundles of cigars that should be in boxes. Only buy boxes of cigars you are familiar with and sample singles before stocking up.

mountainsmoker

horrido

Wow, did they say anything else or was it the under rug fast. Now the issue is what do people thing of their reputation and integrity?
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

Jackal

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

headfirst

I saw it with the sound turned off, that filler looked like sawdust!  Curious if that came from one of their ziploc 5 packs, maybe those should be avoided...
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Rhall

this whole thing is messed up and if i remember right he has videos of other cigars he has found from them just like the Los Blancos. Ive been trying to keep up with it on his FB group. I know one guy got  full refund and the ci rep danced around the issue .
Insert sarcastic quote here.

timpellis

I can't find anyplace calling these cigars long filler, not even the Los Blancos website says if they are long or short filler which usually means they aren't. He didn't say in the video why he thought they were fake, I'm not totally sure of what is going on. I'm not sure he did get what he bought. I've never had trouble with CI, all of the cigars I have bought have been just fine. I must be missing something.
http://blancocigars.com/product/blanco-premiere-selection-maduro/

Any company with a lawyer on the payroll would have had that video taken down.

Rhall

Quotetimpellis - 3/3/2015  9:22 PM

I can't find anyplace calling these cigars long filler, not even the Los Blancos website says if they are long or short filler which usually means they aren't. He didn't say in the video why he thought they were fake, I'm not totally sure of what is going on. I'm not sure he did get what he bought. I've never had trouble with CI, all of the cigars I have bought have been just fine. I must be missing something.
http://blancocigars.com/product/blanco-premiere-selection-maduro/

Any company with a lawyer on the payroll would have had that video taken down.

I havent watched it yet but in the last CO Live He and Dave from Blanco Cigars talked about this whole CI issue.

Edit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVxQU9nkuRI about 21 minutes in
Insert sarcastic quote here.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.