What constitutes "Active User"?

Started by 05Venturer, 03/08/2015 06:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

05Venturer

Just out of curiosity wondering what decides on active or not active user on Geeks.
I just noticed in a search today that someone who has not logged on in over a year is still considered active. :confused:  :confused:

Last Logon   9/8/2013 10:41 PM
Active User?   Yes
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

StogieDad

I think inactive is when Senor Pablo deactivates the account, like a certain person we all saw a couple months ago....
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

05Venturer

QuoteStogieDad - 3/8/2015  8:23 AM

I think inactive is when Senor Pablo deactivates the account, like a certain person we all saw a couple months ago....
I thought if the account was deactivated they would just be gone :confused:
I assumed active or not would be based on how long since latest logon.
No big deal just got me thinkin  :crazy:
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

bmac7754

That certain persons profile actually say no for active user but doesn't show up if searched for. I think anybody that has an account stays active wether they log in or not, probably most users don't even log in the site but use the virtual humidor on an app.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Brlesq

QuoteStogieDad - 3/8/2015  9:23 AM

That is correct.  And this really isn't different from many other sites, where inactivity doesn't disqualify an account in good standing.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nirab

QuoteBrlesq - 3/8/2015  11:13 AM

QuoteStogieDad - 3/8/2015  9:23 AM

That is correct.  And this really isn't different from many other sites, where inactivity doesn't disqualify an account in good standing.

What??? There are other cigar sites??? I simply don't believe it!!!  :biggrin:  :shy:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

MacMac

The cigar app is definitely a great app and can see where folks might use that and not be involved in the forums.  That is a shame....the community is GREAT!
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Jackal

That one is pretty old, but a lot of the time you cannot tell just by last login.  Many of us do not ever log off, so it can show months since our last login date even though we are active.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

The Burn Ward

Oh, goddamn Kent! It had to be you again! Yo momma!!!!

Mojo66

QuoteThe Burn Ward - 7/14/2015  1:47 AM  Oh, goddamn Kent! It had to be you again! Yo momma!!!!

:lmao:  

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Cfickter

Located picture of inactive user

user

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Camshaft83

Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

05Venturer

Thread Ressurection Again  :-0
Kent

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.