Split of Caldwell Eastern Standard Silk Road (Lancero)?

Started by nkowal, 03/10/2015 02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nkowal

Anyone interested in a split of Caldwell's Eastern Standard Silk Road (Lancero)?

I've read a few really positive reviews (Seth's Humidor: http://www.sethshumidor.com/2014/09/cigar-review-eastern-standard-silk-road.html) and it appears there were only 500 boxes made of this vitola. Boxes of 24.

Total is $135 for 12 of the Silk Roads + I'll throw in one of the three packs of Yellow Cake that SB is offering with a purchase. I'm keeping the shirt for myself though!  :biggrin:  No additional for shipping, I'll cover. If anyone has a SB coupon code I'll adjust to whatever half the price is for the deal (I couldn't find one/remember if there is one at that the moment).

PP preferred.

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

nkowal

QuoteStogieDad - 3/10/2015  5:48 PM

Try BOTL, 20% I think.

Ooooh, thanks I will, that would be a nice reduction.

cavenbk

Been itching to try some Caldwell stuff, but not able to swing it right now. :(
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

ntanner

Look's like a tasty cigar, unfortunately I am unable to get in on this. Good of you to put this up though. I am sure some one will jump on this quickly.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

nkowal

Quotecavenbk - 3/10/2015  6:07 PM

Been itching to try some Caldwell stuff, but not able to swing it right now. :(

I'm in the same boat on wanting to try Caldwells, and really that's my reasoning behind this. I'm buying this blind based on my love for the vitola andRobert Caldwell saying it was his favorite of all his lines. If not, I figure someone will be interested given the limited quantity.

StogieDad

I really like the Eastern Standard line, even though that is a slight tweak.  I have a couple of the Marble House that is the same blend I haven't gotten too, but looking forward to them. I don't think you will be disappointed.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

ninfiction

This is not the admin you're looking for...

Rammstein142

If I was not buying a rifle this weekend....I would be all over this as I have been itching to try the Silk Road and the Yellow Cake.
"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

nkowal

If I can't get a splitter for 12 I'd be willing to do 2x 6-packs of these or 3x 4-packs of these if people are interested in a smaller buy.

Cfickter

I could do a 6 pack, or 4 pack as long as I can get at least one yellow cake!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

shakinghorizons

If you haven't had these yet - smoke one ROTT and stick the rest away for a year or so. GREAT NC stick!

nkowal

QuoteCfickter - 3/11/2015  10:30 AM

I could do a 6 pack, or 4 pack as long as I can get at least one yellow cake!

Yeah, I'd split those up too. 6-pack might be easier, and just split the YCs 3 ways for the 6 YCs we should be getting. I'd keep 12 of the Lanceros and 2 YCs. Then up for grabs would be two packages of the following:
-6 Eastern Standard Silk Road
-2 Yellow Cakes

$56 shipped.

shakinghorizons

Quotenkowal - 3/11/2015  10:56 PM

$56 shipped.

:-0

Not going to find them cheaper anywhere else - especially with Yellow Cake!

Cfickter

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

nkowal

QuoteCfickter - 3/11/2015  5:06 PM

PM sent

Got it. One claimed, one sixer+ left to go if anyone is interested.

nirab

These Caldwell sticks are like the new holy grail of cigars!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Cfickter

thanks for the split and arranging the deal!

nkowal

FYI offer still stands if anyone wants it for the other 6er + 2 Yellow Cakes. Otherwise more for me I guess!  :biggrin:

The Burn Ward

sar127

QuoteThe Burn Ward - 3/21/2015  10:19 AM  Never had a Caldwell before.

He made the Wynwoods if you've ever had those before. The factory fresh rolls from Miami with no age.

Quotenirab - 3/11/2015 8:50 PM These Caldwell sticks are like the new holy grail of cigars! :biggrin:

Let's see if they really are all they're cracked up to be. 

Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

Mojo66

Quotesar127 - 3/21/2015  12:37 PM

... Let's see if they really are all they're cracked up to be. 

So I guess this means you are buying the last 6er +2  Saurabh, right?

If it does then I say good grab and enjoy, I'll catch a next one. But if the last 6er is still available, I'll complete this split and grab it if Nick agrees of course.

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Cfickter

Mine arrived and they look delicious!  After a little rest will give them a try

sar127

QuoteMojo66 - 3/21/2015  12:51 PM  

Quotesar127 - 3/21/2015  12:37 PM

... Let's see if they really are all they're cracked up to be. 

So I guess this means you are buying the last 6er +2  Saurabh, right?

If it does then I say good grab and enjoy, I'll catch a next one. But if the last 6er is still available, I'll complete this split and grab it if Nick agrees of course.

All yours!  I would've but Lancero's not my size. 

Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

Mojo66

OK then, what say you Nick, still want to get rid of that 6 +2, I wouldn't mind buying it from you, unless you want to work out a trade for them and then some ;-)

Or you could keep them, I wouldn't be offended or :cry: about it. I really shouldn't be buying cigars anyways, I do have more than I can store already but I can't help it :crazy:
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.