CigarGeeks Fantasy Baseball League 2015

Started by StogieDad, 03/25/2015 09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StogieDad

Just wanted to gauge interest on starting this up again this year.  I had fun last year, and wouldn't mind running it again if we hjave enough interest.  This year, I would take the prize packs up front in order to avoid the couple that never paid last year, and I learned a few pointers on league setup.

Here is the 2014 league thread if you are interested in seeing:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=27873.0

Anybody interested?
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

nirab

I'm game for playing again! Let's do this!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Chrism305

It's a long season, but Ill give it a shot again. Hopefully I won't be out of it at the end of June like last year.

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

StogieDad

Well well well, we may fill this up faster than I thought!  4 in, who else???
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

jeffpodraza@me.com

I could be interested however never done Fantasy Baseball... keep me posted.
I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.

- Ron White

sjn1117

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

ninfiction

I've never done fantasy baseball either but I'm always up for a shot at free cigars...so yeah, I'd be interested.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

johncw

StogieDad

Quoteninfiction - 3/25/2015  2:53 PM

I've never done fantasy baseball either but I'm always up for a shot at free cigars...so yeah, I'd be interested.

Sounds good!  Fantasy baseball takes a bit more work we learned last year, you have to visit several times a week but it is fun.  We are getting close, I will set up a league with a few more interested parties.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

StogieDad

I am upping the DL list this year so you can carry more players.  Were there any more suggestions we would like to se moving forward?
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

StogieDad

I am upping the DL list this year so you can carry more players.  Were there any more suggestions we would like to se moving forward?
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

Michael, I am in again, enjoyed last year
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

RDF

If you'll have me, I'll play.  No baseball guru, but the fantasy baseball does keep the interest up all season.  Go Tigers!
HokieSmokes!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." H. Jackson Brown

sjn1117

Just so everyone knows that didn't play last year, Michael did an excellent job of running it and it was an absolute blast. If you like baseball and cigars you should be in this one!

Caveman Steve

I might be up for this.  Are the "rules" posted somewhere?
"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

johncw

QuoteStogieDad - 3/25/2015  3:44 PM

:rocker:

you need lots of those... it's ridiculous how many guys hit the DL

sjn1117

Quotejohncw - 3/25/2015  8:50 PM  
QuoteStogieDad - 3/25/2015  3:44 PM  I am upping the DL list this year so you can carry more players.  Were there any more suggestions we would like to se moving forward?
:rocker:   you need lots of those... it's ridiculous how many guys hit the DL

No Kidding!!!!!

StogieDad

Alright, so far we have:

For sure:
nirab
StogieDad
Chrism305
05Venturer
sjn1117
ninfiction
johncw
Cfickter
RDF
ebernabe
nkowal

On the fence:
jeffpodraza@me.com
Caveman Steve

I am going to email the few that played last year that have not responded (and paid their prize) to make sure previous players are not left out.

Basically it is a head to head league, that part is like Fantasy Football.  You can change your roster daily and the points for whoever is on your active roster compile for the week.  So each week is a new game.  You have a limit of how many starts your pitchers can make, but that is about it.

It will be a 10 good cigar ante.  Nothing crazy, just nothing you are trying to unload or cheapies.  There were some really nice prize packs last year for nkowal.....speaking of.....

Even if the possibles play, we can probably fit a few more teams, but I am going to build this thing before the end of the week and set up an auto draft.  We will ship the cigar packs to me for safe-keeping throughout the season and I will send the winnings out after the season.  We will pay first and second place this year, I will give that breakdown once I know the final number of players.

Any questions?
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

nkowal

Yeah I'm in - sorry read the thread last night and forgot to say that I'm going to defend my title!

It's a fun time, but baseball is a long-haul fantasy game. It was a lot of fun last year (helps when you win!  :biggrin: ) Thanks for setting this up again.

As for the guys who didn't send their cigars from last year - I never negged them, but its probably worth doing to at least give a warning. They were not guys who actively participate in stuff as far as I recall and they seemed to have dropped off. Oh well, still lots of fun.

StogieDad

All new guys I need your email address, none are listed in profiles, so I can invite you to the league.

Guys that were in last year are just reactivated in our league unless I deleted you.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

nirab

How about a losers pack? Everyone includes a dog rocket or two, and that "prize pack" goes to the geek with the worst record...just a thought.  :angel:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

StogieDad

Quotenirab - 3/26/2015  11:23 AM

How about a losers pack? Everyone includes a dog rocket or two, and that "prize pack" goes to the geek with the worst record...just a thought.  :angel:

I like that!  Chuck also sent me a great idea, an All-Star Break prize pack, maybe 2-3 apiece.  But I was thinking what about doing like the Super Bowl Square deal, for the All-Star break leader, everyone sends one super-premium (Padron, Tatuaje, Opus, etc.).  What do you guys think?
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

nirab

QuoteStogieDad - 3/26/2015  10:37 AM

Quotenirab - 3/26/2015  11:23 AM

I like that!  Chuck also sent me a great idea, an All-Star Break prize pack, maybe 2-3 apiece.  But I was thinking what about doing like the Super Bowl Square deal, for the All-Star break leader, everyone sends one super-premium (Padron, Tatuaje, Opus, etc.).  What do you guys think?

I love that idea! All Star Break leader pack!  :bigthumbs:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.