May Member Sponsored Geek Critique (Last Two Weeks)

Started by junglepete, 03/28/2015 06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by mike.casey (Mike).

The Cigar: Tatuaje Tattoo

The Hype: The buzz has been flying over the reintroduction of the Tatuaje Tattoo series, which originally appeared in 2011 in a limited edition version. The cigar was massively popular, and for good reason, a great blend without the boutique price tag. There is no question why the new Tattoo should be any different, seeing as how it comes with an Ecuadorian Habano wrapper and an enticing mix of Nicaraguan filler leaves. Medium bodied and bursting with notes of cocoa, leather, pepper and a slight sweetness.

The Reviewers:

1. Rammstein142 (Tim)
2. Vroomp (Brad)
3. freakydeakydutchman (Steve)
4. johncw (John)
5. Chrism305 (Chris)

Due Date: May 10, 2015

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this new initiative in place.

Thanks again to Mike for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'
 :cigarman:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Rammstein142

I'll toss my name in, believe I should be at about the 2 month mark I believe!
"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

sar127

Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Mojo66

Have yet to find a Tatuaje I don't enjoy. Great stick, great sponsorship, come on geeks, jump on this one.

If I wasn't already committed to another GC, right after this one, I would be all over it.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

freakydeakydutchman

"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

johncw

Haven't done one this year yet and would like to review if you'll have me.

Chrism305

Cigary

junglepete

Okay...the five have been chosen. Please be sure to respond in this thread once you receive the cigar. Thanks!
Guru of Frugality

Rammstein142

"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

mike.casey

Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

freakydeakydutchman

Thanks pete. I have always wanted to try one of these!
"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

freakydeakydutchman

Thanks pete. I have always wanted to try one of these!
Dr. Suess

Chrism305

I'm looking forward to trying this one. Thanks for having me.

mike.casey

2 things...

1. These will be going out Monday. (Unless otherwise instructed)

2. The vitola is the Universo (6x50)

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

mike.casey

St. Louis, MO: 9505 5103 6078 5104 0354 67

Bella Vista, AR: 9505 5103 6078 5104 0354 74

Canada: LC660029745US

Chrism's was sent with a purchase, and Vroomp asked me to wait to send until Friday.

Ron White

Rammstein142

Received mine today, along with two tag alongs!! Thanks for the extra smokes Mike!!

Thanks as well for allowing me to review this one, look forward to sitting down this weekend with it! Cheers!

johncw

I received mine as well. Mike thanks for the extra delivery guys.

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

mike.casey

freakydeakydutchmen is the only one I have not received confirmation from. Hopefully they are there, and resting peacefully.

Enjoy those curivaris fellas, they are some of my favorites!

Ron White

freakydeakydutchman

Canada post says that the package is in Edmonton. so I should have it in a day or 3!
Dr. Suess

freakydeakydutchman

got mine today. thanks for the extras. Im gonna let them settle for a bit and then get on it!
Dr. Suess

mike.casey

Quotefreakydeakydutchman - 4/27/2015  11:54 PM

got mine today. thanks for the extras. Im gonna let them settle for a bit and then get on it!

I'm glad they finally got there. I was getting nervous.

Ron White

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.