thank you VROOMP

Started by frankj1, 03/29/2015 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankj1

this is a few days overdue as I am a low tech/low IQ casual participant here and could not figure out the best place to thank Brad.

I have been interested in vacationing in Rincon PR but, other than the alluring sites online, was having difficulty getting a personal perspective of what to expect.

I saw a post mentioning Rincon by Brad recently and pm'd him...not sure what to expect in return. I am not a regular contributor to Geeks, more of a lurker. To my surprise, he not only replied but happily answered every question I posed over a couple of days, despite the fact that I am a virtual unknown (most of my prose can be found in bourbon or rum threads!).

After a few years of quietly observing you folks, I guess I should not have been surprised. The atmosphere is warm and inclusive, folks seem to genuinely enjoy each other like old friends, and you should all know that Brad carries these positive attributes off the forums, too.

You guys have a great BOTL here, as if you didn't know.

Thanks again, Brad.

Frank

Camshaft83

Couldn't agree more about the camaraderie on this site. It is one of the biggest reasons I even started posting in the forums and continue to do so.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Cigary

Amen about this place.

NebNorse

"I'll come back as soon as I can with as much as I can. In the meantime, you've got to hold!" - As spoken to General Wainright by General MacArthur in March of 1942

My Cigar smells better than YOUR FEEDLOT!

appollo

This is so true about this site. :bigthumbs:

05Venturer

Agreed! Brad is one of many fine members here :thumbsup:

And BTW  :welcome: from NW WI Frank
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Mojo66

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

StogieDad

That is just how geeks roll!  And Brad is one fine geek!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

quickme

this is a great place to be.  Brad is a stellar geek and there are many more on here.

cavenbk

Well said. The camaraderie around here never ceases to amaze me.
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

Longhorn

Vroomp is a lurker too - he just posts more often than other lurkers!  :Biggrin:

johncw

Vroomp

Glad I was able to help you out Frank!  Now, don't be such a stranger! :smoker:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

nirab

Top notch geek on the top shelf cigar site!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Joelala

Joe

BewareDaPenguin

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

ebernabe

Good to hear.  He's a stand-up guy.

SparklePony

This truly is the best cigar site out there.  This post is further proof of that.
Yes, it's a pineapple hat.  No, you can't put your cigar out in it.

frankj1

glad I brought it up.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.