May Industry Sponsored Geek Critique (First Two Weeks)

Started by nwb, 03/30/2015 06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

This critique has been generously sponsored by Paul Bush of Flatbed Cigar Company:

http://flatbedcigarcompany.3dcartstores.com/

Thank you for your generosity!  A special thank you goes out to Kerry (Kman) for coordinating!

The Chosen Cigar: Flatbed Cigar Co. Pennsyltucky (560)

The Chosen Reviewers:

Cfickter
gpd4
johncw
Longhorn
ntanner

This cigar shall be reviewed no later than April 25th.

Happy Smokin' gents! :smoker:
Chief of Shaft

Kman

Ok guys, who wants to try out one of the latest smokes from Panacea called the Pennsyltucky? It's a Kentucky Fire Cured cigar with the infamous PA Broadleaf wrapper (the Greens). First come, first served.

1. DRuff

2. johncw

3. Cfickter

4. ntanner

5. gdp4

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

bmac7754

This should be a quick fill.  Panacea cigars are so worth it.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

johncw

This one sounds really interesting and have been wanting to try one.

Kman

Quotejohncw - 3/30/2015  10:22 PM  This one sounds really interesting and have been wanting to try one.

Is that your way of saying you'd like in?

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

johncw

QuoteKman - 3/30/2015  9:29 PM

Quotejohncw - 3/30/2015  10:22 PM  This one sounds really interesting and have been wanting to try one.

Is that your way of saying you'd like in?

Yes

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

freakydeakydutchman

Flatbed is quickly becoming my goto cigar of choice. Love the Kentucky Fire Cured!
Im already lined up for a review. However, if you cant find anyone else. I would toss my hat into this.
"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

Kman

Steve, I will definitely keep you in mind if I have a hard time filling this one up.

3 spots down, 2 to go. Who else wants in?

quickme

if you don't mind shipping up to the GWN I'd be interested in participating

Beegerply

If you need a body I up for another, although I just did one it would be nice to compare this with the DE Kentucky fire cured.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Kman

Quotequickme - 3/31/2015  2:51 PM  if you don't mind shipping up to the GWN I'd be interested in participating

I think I'll keep this Con US just because I've never shipped to the Great White North and this is a fairly quick turnaround. I will definitely keep you in mind for a future one though.

Kman

QuoteBeegerply - 3/31/2015  3:26 PM  If you need a body I up for another, although I just did one it would be nice to compare this with the DE Kentucky fire cured.  :biggrin:

How recent was your last one? 

Beegerply

QuoteKman - 3/31/2015  4:08 PM

QuoteBeegerply - 3/31/2015  3:26 PM  If you need a body I up for another, although I just did one it would be nice to compare this with the DE Kentucky fire cured.  :biggrin:

How recent was your last one? 

Recent recent, like I said only if you need a body will I 'll do this :biggrin:  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

quickme

QuoteKman - 3/31/2015  5:07 PM

Quotequickme - 3/31/2015  2:51 PM  if you don't mind shipping up to the GWN I'd be interested in participating

I think I'll keep this Con US just because I've never shipped to the Great White North and this is a fairly quick turnaround. I will definitely keep you in mind for a future one though.

No problems at all!  Looking forward to hearing what everyone says.

ntanner

I'll throw my hat in for this one if you are still looking.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Kman

Sounds good Neal. One more spot. Who wants to try the next cigar from Panacea?

StogieDad

I'm doing the second set for April, or I would certainly jump in.  Surely somebody wants that Panacea, they make great smokes.  I have a few of those simmering right now in fact.....
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

gpd4

I'm available if you're still looking for bodies.  It'd be my first of the (not-so-new-anymore) new year.
My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

Kman

Quotegpd4 - 4/2/2015  9:57 AM  I'm available if you're still looking for bodies.  It'd be my first of the (not-so-new-anymore) new year.

Excellent!! You're in George. I will get the cigars out this weekend. Should give them some time to rest before smoking. Reviews are due April 25th. Thanks guys!!

gpd4

Save a few bucks on freight and send mine and johncw's together.  Either address will do...
My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

ntanner

Thanx for letting me in on this one. Looking forward to it.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

johncw

QuoteKman - 4/2/2015  12:25 PM

Quotegpd4 - 4/2/2015  9:57 AM  I'm available if you're still looking for bodies.  It'd be my first of the (not-so-new-anymore) new year.

Excellent!! You're in George. I will get the cigars out this weekend. Should give them some time to rest before smoking. Reviews are due April 25th. Thanks guys!!

Kerry did you send these out?

ntanner

Havn't seen this arrive yet. When are these do?

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.