Feature request

Started by bonehed, 04/11/2015 04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bonehed

Perhaps we can get a font resizing feature in future updates?
Not getting any younger and the humidor entries are quite small, especially on tablets...

Thanks very much - enjoying the app so far!

bigjohn20081983

Quotebonehed - 4/11/2015  7:37 PM  Perhaps we can get a font resizing feature in future updates? Not getting any younger and the humidor entries are quite small, especially on tablets...  Thanks very much - enjoying the app so far!

One most phones and tablets you can put 2 fingers togather and move then apart to zom in and make the screen bigger and more east to read and you can pinch to make it smaller have you tried that yet?

You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

Brlesq

First off, welcome to Cigar Geeks!  If you have the inclination, head over to the Newbie intros and tell us more about yourself . . . we can always use more older guys around here.  You might even earn a Curmudgeon Badge one day!

Now to your question:  On a tablet, I believe you can increase font size under Settings - Accessibility.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Joelala

Welcome to the site, I agree with Brlesq, should be able to change font size.
Joe

bonehed

Thanks very much for the warm welcome and replies!
Sadly though, font settings in the settings > accessability of the devices effects most of the UI, but not the humidor entries nor database listings...

Cfickter

Welcome to the forums, on a windows PC hit the Control + to zoom
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

bonehed

Just noticed too... this should have been posted in the Android section... oops! Perhaps a mod can move it

bonehed

Thanks Cfickter- I meant in regards to the Android app, not a Windows desktop. Appreciate the reply nonetheless!

bigjohn20081983

Quotebonehed - 4/11/2015  8:44 PM  Just noticed too... this should have been posted in the Android section... oops! Perhaps a mod can move it

The pinch method works on android device I just double checked using my android based phone and tablet.  

You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

Mojo66

Welcome to CG, do introduce yourself and let us know a bit more about the cigars you like and don't. We already know you don't like small fonts, that's a start :biggrin:

If all else fails, there is always reading glasses, I think that would work :shy:
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

bonehed

Thanks for checking bigjohn20081983 - doesn't seem to work on my devices though. I can pinch zoom 'here' in a web browser, so we know that works some places. Doesn't seem to work in the app... will poke more, maybe an app I'm running is interfering with that one for some reason.

And excuse me Mojo66, social grace was never my forte! I'm a stay at home father of a 2 year old these days and consider myself very lucky to be able to do so! Very new to cigars, but have been a (steady) pipe smoker for a few years. Thanks again to all for replies and the warm welcome!

DonM

Welcome from the Sunshine State!

"The Curmudgeon"

bonehed

benchjockey

Another welcome from Florida. Happy to have you aboard!
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Cigary

Maybe these will help?  lol

bonehed

Thanks benchjockey and Cigary! I already have two pair of Big Visions™ but need more power! They were really nice and sent two for the price of one, I just had to pay shipping and handling separately! Maybe I'll wear them both at the same time...

bonehed

Not sure why they wanted my social security number and mother's maiden name but... they are a big company, so I trust them.

bigjohn20081983

I miss read that this was for the app I was thinking you where talking about the web version.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Aldous Huxley

Raul Julia

bonehed

And while I'm at it... a way to skip to a particular letter in the lists would be welcome. At the moment it's scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll...

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.