Cigarfox is number one?

Started by lowpro75, 09/09/2009 03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowpro75

According to the new cigarcyclopedia survey, cigarfox.com is the number one ranked US retailer.  I never heard of them.  Here is the top ten:

http://www.cigarcyclopedia.com/webapp/content/view/1535/58/

CI was number 2.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

mountedshriner

Quotelowpro75 - 9/9/2009  1:22 PM

According to the new cigarcyclopedia survey, cigarfox.com is the number one ranked US retailer.  I never heard of them.  Here is the top ten:

http://www.cigarcyclopedia.com/webapp/content/view/1535/58/

CI was number 2.

Thanks Rich. Very informative.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

gitfiddl

I've ordered several samplers from them, just because of the free torch and double guillotine cutter.  As I understand it, Jenuwine is their house brand, and it ain't bad.  Prices are relatively competitive, but they've evidently done away with the offers I was used to. :-(  Personally speaking, the last online orders I've made have been through CI, Cigar.com (double up on their daily deal and you get free shipping), and Cigarmonster.com/Famous-smoke.com (If you get whatever hourly special is running from Cigarmonster, they pay the shipping on any add-ons from Famous).
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

junglepete

For me right now is mikescigars.com I shop from the sampler pages...the older samplers can still be had for $120-$130 or less for 50 cigars (10 of each of 5 different decent brands)
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

DonM

I have never heard of them either.  I am amazed that if they are the no 1 retailer, or claim to be, why has it not come up sooner here.  After all, we do know our cigars, dont we!  :biggrin:

"The Curmudgeon"

lowpro75

Well, if BlackIrish doesn't post the specials for them in today's specials, they might as well not exist. :biggrin:

I am a creature of habit and tend to check the same sites all the time but I would think I would have at least heard of them. :confused:
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

junglepete

Cigarfox is a fairly new site. They started out about a year ago. They had a decent freebie give away for a promotional start up. I check their prices now and then and as far as boxes go, they are not any cheaper than other places. If I remember correctly, I think Larry has ordered singles from them before and was satisfied at the time  :confused:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Jackal

I checked out their singles.  Prices are pretty decent and they throw in a free cigar (you get to choose from a list of about a dozen) for every 5 singles that you buy.

I couldn't find any free shipping offers, however.  Free shipping is big to me, which is why I use CI and Holt's.

On the plus side they do carry Tatujue and Illusione.  Since I seem to be the last person on the planet who has yet to experience the thrill of the Illusione, it may prompt me to put together a set of 5 to try out.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Hot Stuff x

The rankings were based on a range of criteria.  See the second page of the article for the details.

("best in a measure of brand pricing, breadth (of inventory), shipping and a new category, availability of real-time inventory")

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

ROTHNH

Regarding price, CigarFox is usually higher.

My dog pointing to best prices {{woof}}.  LOL!

Point being H.Upmann Signature.  Got my first box at Factory Direct (ordered 2 boxes only one left).  J-R Cigars ran out on their special before I could order any.

So lo and behold L'il Smoke Shack has my Majorcas for the best price.

Pays to shop. Yay!

WeLustPapes

Ive ordered from Cigarfox before....i was happy when i did. Ordered a decent sampler for $15 i believe, order came quick as hell, free cutter and free lighter...packaging was also extremely nice.

Bob Cordell

JR is still tops with me. I placed an order yesterday and I'll have it in my hands this evening more than likely! 15 cigars in all.

Here you go....cant wait:

Code Item Style Size Unit Price Qty Per Item
PUR54 PUNCH  ROTHSCHILD 4.50 x 50 $12.75 1 $12.75  
ULT45 JR ULTIMATE  TORO 6.12 x 50 $13.50 1 $13.50  
HMR53 HOYO DE MONTERREY  ROTHSCHILD 4.50 x 50 $12.00 1 $12.00  
Total Purchase: $38.25
Shipping: $8.50  
 Sales Tax: > $0.00  
Total Invoice: $46.75 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

The Punchs' are the Oscuro like the one Ken posted in the pic over here on the right---->

The Hoyos are a maduro and the JR Ultimates are an oscuro also....

:dancing:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

BlackIrish

Quotelowpro75 - 9/9/2009  10:03 PM

Well, if BlackIrish doesn't post the specials for them in today's specials, they might as well not exist. :biggrin:

I am a creature of habit and tend to check the same sites all the time but I would think I would have at least heard of them. :confused:

LOL!  I've heard of them and checked them out months ago, but prices seemed to be higher than the ones I usually visit (CI, Famous, Atlantic, etc.)  Prices on Tatuajes, for instance, are at MSRP, but you can usually find those cheaper elsewhere.  Lack of free shipping is another disadvantage.

All that said, maybe I'll add them to my already too-big list of sites to check.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

gitfiddl

I haven't noticed them running too many daily or weekly specials as such and their "Hot Deals" stay the same for quite a while, so I generally check on them about once a month or so, unless there's something I know they have.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.