Cigar without cello in tupperdor

Started by hebron, 05/11/2015 10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hebron

I'm thinking of getting rid of my humidor and just use tupperdors, I find it's a lot harder keeping the humidity in the humidor than in the tupperdors.

But, one question; In my humidor I have mainly cigars without cello, how to you guys store these in tupperdors? On trays, five finger bags? Also do you care if cigars of different types touch? (Not talking about infused cigars).

Thanks!  :smoker:
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

headfirst

Regarding the cigars of different types touching I've heard that one can influence the other so I usually try to put cigars with cello between cigars of different wrappers without cello to get some type of separation, but I don't know how real the phenomenon actually is, I'll be watching this thread...good questions!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

ninfiction

I use cedar trays in my tupperdors. As far as the cigars go, no rhyme or reason other than I try to keep the brands grouped. I don't worry too much about non cello'd cigars touching...not sure if it's an issue or not though.

I would think given enough time the oils would mix, not sure how much time that would have to be though. Great question!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

ntanner

I would use baggies to keep different uncelloed cigars separate. Over time they can have an influence on each other.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

quickme

i use the cedar sheets inside the cigar boxes and use them as dividers to separate my sticks from the boveda and/or beads I have in there.  As for the sticks touching, unless they are infused you should have to worry.  A new thing I have done is put a shot glass full of Distilled in my tupperdor with beads.  The Canadian winters are very harsh on Humidity and I find after I did this it has helped maintain the humitiy in there.  Summer 68% and before the shotglass I struggled to keep it above 62%, this winter 66%.

05Venturer

i keep old cigar boxes and use them to store the cigars in my tupperdors. I don't worry a bit about them touching each other cello or not.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Mojo66

I don't worry about cigars touching even without cello. I've been keeping CCs for so many years I lost count but since they don't come with cello I had to let them touch at one point I simply had too many of them to separate in different trays / boxes.

I have a few that have been "touched" by other cigars for over 10 years and I can't say it made any kind of difference, at least not in the notes I keep after smoking or in memory.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

hebron

Thanks for the answers guys, I've also read that if they touch it there might be some transfer. But that might not be a bad thing... Some cigars could develop a very interesting aroma and taste my being influenced by others, only downside I can see is that it might not accurately represent it's brand.
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

DonM

In all honesty, it wouldn't be any different than in a humidor unless you move your sticks around a lot. Have fun!

"The Curmudgeon"

Ken Kelley

Heh!  I get such a kick out of people obsessing over their hoard!  Don't worry about cigars touching each other. Not a thing will happen that you will ever notice. Probably not real wise to store heavily infused cigars with other sticks but other than that there WILL. NOT. BE. A. PROBLEM!

The only caveat about naked cigars in a tupperdore is to try to keep them from touching the plastic sides because that might be a condensation focus leading to mold. That problem is easily solved by judicious use of thin cedar or the humidity sheets sold by Heartfelt Industries.

So relax, put your cigars in tupperdores, enjoy them and quit the worry!
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Cfickter

QuoteKen Kelley - 5/11/2015  5:48 PM

So relax, put your cigars in tupperdores, enjoy them and quit the worry!

Well said

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Longhorn

I think they breed if they touch each other.   :confused:

DRuff

I would defer to Kent (05venturer) on this. He's the expert! You might want to PM him

Brlesq

QuoteLonghorn - 5/11/2015  10:16 PM

Always use protection!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

05Venturer

I will make sure I open up,some room in my inbox for "deferring"
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

hebron

QuoteLonghorn - 5/12/2015  4:16 AM

So that's where cigarillos come from...
- Thomas

Longhorn

Quotehebron - 5/12/2015  1:29 AM

:lmao:  :lmao:

Mojo66

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

ntanner

Quotehebron - 5/11/2015  11:29 PM

:lmao:
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

headfirst

Aye, cellos have taken on a whole new meaning :-0
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

nirab

Quotentanner - 5/12/2015  8:37 AM

Quotehebron - 5/11/2015  11:29 PM

:lmao:

So, from this thread, I have learnt that cello is a condom for a ceegar...wow!  :biggrin:  :lmao:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

sjn1117

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

StogieDad

I've got my ticket to millions.  Cigar condoms, coming to a store near you.  Prevent having humis full of cigarillos!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

sjn1117

Amazing where a thread can end up around here  :lmao:
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

appollo

It always seems to come down to sex or  smoking after sex :lmao:  :smoker2:  :thumbsup:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.