Lord Stanley's Cup

Started by horrido, 05/24/2015 07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horrido

Ok guys I haven't done this in a couple of years. It's going to be the final soon so here are the rules very damn simple. The last 2 teams will play maybe 7 games so depending who gets to the final the last 2 teams here are the rules.

Score for each game the score and winner for seven games in advance but we need to see the final 2 teams. So guys figure it out.

Once game one starts the contest is closed. No exceptions.

Prize ummm it will be friggin awesome you know how I roll and I will not let you know the sticks involved so......stay tuned to the final. At least hockey I know football and baseball are for babies........lol enjoy guys.

Enjoy geeks
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

appollo

Sounds like fun will be in for sure.Could you clarify the rules a little.I think guess the amount of games and give the scores. and of coarse pick the winner.

ps I think the two teams are going to Tampa and Chicago

nirab

I'm in, thanks for the contest Mark!  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

horrido

Quoteappollo - 5/24/2015  8:30 PM

Sounds like fun will be in for sure.Could you clarify the rules a little.I think guess the amount of games and give the scores

Simple you hit it on the nose..........easy right
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

horrido

Just think isom galore
-- Cuban saying

appollo

Quotehorrido - 5/24/2015  11:34 PM

Quoteappollo - 5/24/2015  8:30 PM

Sounds like fun will be in for sure.Could you clarify the rules a little.I think guess the amount of games and give the scores

Simple you hit it on the nose..........easy right

Oh Yea real simple :?:

Mojo66

I'm in as well, thanks for the cool contest Mark.

So we wait until the final 2 teams have been decided and then our guesses should be the total amount of games in the final series, the score for each game and, obviously, the Stanley Cup winning team ?

Did I get that right?
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

horrido

QuoteMojo66 - 5/25/2015  5:08 AM

I'm in as well, thanks for the cool contest Mark.

So we wait until the final 2 teams have been decided and then our guesses should be the total amount of games in the final series, the score for each game and, obviously, the Stanley Cup winning team ?

Did I get that right?

Correct
-- Cuban saying

Cfickter

Great idea, thanks for setting up?
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

danb6177

Where do I sign up?? Go bolts!!!!!
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

horrido

Quotedanb6177 - 5/26/2015  10:10 AM

Where do I sign up?? Go bolts!!!!!

Everyone one has the opprotunity until the first game starts - once we know the last 2 teams you can put you scores in.

Game 1

score and winner of the game

Game 2

score and winner of the game

etc.... for seven games in advance before game 1 is played so just make sure you get your data in before game 1 - no exceptions period.

Simple correct......lol

:-0
-- Cuban saying

danb6177

Sounds simple indeed. Of course guessing hockey scores is anything but simple. But the rules are simple yes.
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----

Mojo66

It's great hockey being played right now, both east and west. I have a feeling Tampa Bay and Anaheim will survive but I would like to see a Chicago / Tampa final, Toews against Stamkos. Really could go any way, all 4 teams are serious contenders.

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

bstessl

I would love to see an original six cup series... Hawks v. Rangers!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

appollo

Quotebstessl - 5/27/2015  4:21 AM
Yea that would be great

horrido

Hope you guys will be watching the last 2 games of game 7 for the west coast and east coast tonight and Sat - be a watching.......
-- Cuban saying

appollo

You can count on that.Its the best time of the year.

toby2

Quotebstessl - 5/27/2015  3:21 AM  I would love to see an original six cup series... Hawks v. Rangers!

we hope so too in my house. go Rangers but really i would just love to see that series unfold. a little like the old days. that reminds me i need to get some Molson...

horrido

Game on and yes Rangers vs Chicago is what I want......original 6. I still own my Esso collectors book anyone remember those.
-- Cuban saying

appollo

Sure do use to have one myself .Don,t know what happened to it

danb6177

-----

danb6177

Quotebstessl - 5/27/2015  3:21 AM

being a hockey fan an original 6 is ideal. being a lightning fan its better this way.

Palm tree cup!!! cali vs florida.
-----

danb6177

And a nice little play on numbers. We shut the rangers out in the might MSG in the last two games there (5 and 7) with a total save count of 26 and 22.

St Louis and Boyle  :dancing:  :dancing:
-----

horrido

Ok guys one more game and it's on...... To bad for the Rangers wish they would have gone a personal choice since one player is a friend...lol now I get to bug him....lol.

Thinking Tampa vs ? Anaheim
-- Cuban saying

DonM

Quotedanb6177 - 5/29/2015  10:55 PM

Go Bolts!!!!!!!!!

:bigthumbs:

"The Curmudgeon"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.