Welcome Back!

Started by SenorPablo, 06/20/2015 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorPablo

Well it is has been a couple of sleepless nights.  As was obvious the site was down.  My hosting provider accidentally deleted everything on my virtual server (who the hell knows how - I can't get a straight answer.)  In doing so, unbeknownst to any of us, it was left in an unstable state.  They spent many hours trying to fix it before, after my pushing, they provisioned a new server.  And here we are.

The big downside is that because of when backups are taken (2 AM) we lost any posts for the approximately 12 hours that were done from 2 AM to when it went down, which was roughly 2 PM.  So any good posts that were started during that time you guys should go ahead an repost (like the one for group buys of Flatbed San Andreas ;-)

Sorry folks...thanks for hanging in there.  PM me any issues you happen to see.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Mojo66

Thanks for all that work Paul, what would we do without you... and CG :bigthumbs:
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

bigjohn20081983

Thanks for all your work getting this resolved. I was starting to feel like an addict without a fix.
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

danb6177

Wahoo back up!!!. Thanx Paul for working hard to get us back going
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

sjn1117

Paul you're awesome!
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

appollo

Thanks Paul  for all your work in getting things back up and running :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:

toby2

:party:  sounds like your data got left behind in a migration maybe. thx for the hard work. it had to be a beard puller for sure!

ebernabe

Nice to have it back up.

StogieDad

Woohoo!  Withdrawls are over!  Thanks Paul, great work!!!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

danb6177

Check your reviews also fellas, a few of them may have went as well. I lost just one so easy fix.
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----

ninfiction

Man that was a rough time off, talk about withdrawals...can't imagine what it was like for Paul.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

SenorPablo

Quotedanb6177 - 6/20/2015  12:33 PM

Check your reviews also fellas, a few of them may have went as well. I lost just one so easy fix.

Yeah, unfortunately anything entered on the site for those 12 hours are gone.  Forums posts, humidor stuff, reviews, cigar entries, pass updates...

Sorry.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

danb6177

QuoteSenorPablo - 6/20/2015  12:56 PM

Quotedanb6177 - 6/20/2015  12:33 PM

Yeah, unfortunately anything entered on the site for those 12 hours are gone.  Forums posts, humidor stuff, reviews, cigar entries, pass updates...

Sorry.

-Paul
No worries Paul. Minor issues easily fixed. Im just thankful for all you did to get us back going again. This is an awesome sight.
-----

DRuff

Cfickter

Great work Paul!  Really appreciate the work
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

SparklePony

Glad we're back.  I was getting agita.
Yes, it's a pineapple hat.  No, you can't put your cigar out in it.

Kid Montana

I tell you what, I was getting some sort of allergic reaction to being away from Geeks for so long... or maybe thats a withdrawal symptom!  Thanks Paul!

I'd rather have a cigar...

05Venturer

:dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :singing:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:

THANK YOU Paul :bigthumbs:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

benchjockey

It's amazing how much this site was missed by us all. Thanks, Paul!
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

bmac7754

Yah we are back. Thanks for the hard work Paul
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

headfirst

I can now resume my chase of jackal on wow (game), or maybe I beat him and that's why the site mysteriously shut down!  Nah, i wish.  Glad we're back, thanks Paul!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Jackal

Another issue.  If you type cigargeeks.com, you get sent to Web Hosting by Arvixie.  you need the www prefix to get to the site.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Jackal

Quoteheadfirst - 6/20/2015  12:17 PM

I can now resume my chase of jackal on wow (game), or maybe I beat him and that's why the site mysteriously shut down!  Nah, i wish.  Glad we're back, thanks Paul!

Thanks for the heads up.  If I see you getting close, I will have to up my high score by a couple thousand.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

BigHop

:dancing: Happy to see everything up and running again! :cheer:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.