August Member Sponsored Geek Critique (Last Two Weeks)

Started by junglepete, 06/26/2015 07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by mpurtle01 (Matt).

The Cigar: La Flor Dominicana 1994 Conga (5.0 x 52)

The Hype:  This cigar is to celebrate the 20 years Litto & Inez have been in the cigar business.  They started the company Los Libertadores in 1994 and started producing a Dominican cigar.  The brand La Flor Dominicana wasn't started until 1996 when the original investors parted ways.  The cigar is comprised of a binder and fillers from La Canela farm with a Mexican San Andres wrapper.  They come in five sizes, with one of those being a special size released in a beer stein.  They are packed in boxes of 20.

The Reviewers: We are picking reviewers who have not done a any geek critique in the past two months nor are scheduled to do one in the near future.

1. CrazyK (Karl)
2. Camshaft83 (Cam)
3. Rebecca Silverwolf (Rebecca)
4. jharrisx5 (Jason)
5. Kevin48438 (Kevin)

Due Date: August 10, 2015

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this new initiative in place.

Thanks again to Matt for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'  :cigarguy:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

CrazyK

CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

Camshaft83

I haven't done one since January so I would be more then willing to do another one now.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

bmac7754

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

ntanner

I'm sure you'll get this one filled up quick. Anything LFD is pretty tasty.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Mojo66

Yummy cigar  :drool:

Too bad I just reviewed for July, I look forward to the reviews.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

danb6177

looks tasty, good luck reviewers! The beer stein looks cool as well.
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

Camshaft83

Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

Rebecca Silverwolf

"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

jharrisx5

I think it's been a couple months for me...I'm in if you need a botl
Puff Puff Give....

mpurtle01

Rebecca and Jason, absolutely.  I'm really interested in the reviews on this one.

jharrisx5

Puff Puff Give....

Rebecca Silverwolf

"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

Kevin48438

"I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

"There are two things worth living for, one is a good cigar, the other is a better one." - Unknown

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

jharrisx5

Puff Puff Give....

junglepete

Quotejharrisx5 - 7/19/2015  8:48 PM

Have these mailed yet?

I just assumed these were taken care of a while back...?????
Guru of Frugality

Rebecca Silverwolf

Camshaft83

Nor have I. Still have 3 weeks to get the review in but I do like to get mine in a little early.

mpurtle01

Nope folks they haven't shipped, getting these in the mail hopefully tomorrow.  Have them ready to go and getting shipping labels ready tonight.

mpurtle01

On the way Folks.   Enjoy!  I'm excited to see if you all like th as much as I did.

Camshaft83

Just got mine with a very nice hitchhiker from a brand I have been wanting to try. Thank you very much.

mpurtle01

I've got everyone except Karl delivered.  Please let me know if that's not the case.  Karl, pm on the way, looks like it's about there.

jharrisx5

Puff Puff Give....

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.