September Industry Sponsored Geek Critique (Last Two Weeks)

Started by nwb, 06/29/2015 05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

This critique has been generously sponsored by Corey at Weston Tobacco:

http://www.westontobacco.com/

Thank you for your generosity!  A special thank you goes out to Matt (mpurtle01) for coordinating!

The Chosen Cigar:Weston Tobacco Connecticut Shade

The Chosen Reviewers:

05Venturer
danb6177
DonM
horrido
MacMac

This cigar shall be reviewed no later than September 10th.

Happy Smokin' gents! :smoker:
Chief of Shaft

headfirst

Wow, that'll be a fast turnaround.  Looks like it's a local shop not geared for national sales?
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

nwb

From what I understand, this is a small production boutique.  Matt will have more details.

And yes, it will be a very fast turnaround.  Depending on when Matt gets the cigars and then ships them back out, we may extend the due date a few days.
Chief of Shaft

nwb

Chief of Shaft

Mojo66

I read so many good things about these Cigars and the family owned business. I first heard about them when tragedy struck early this year when the (very) young co owner died in a freak accident. My heart sank and I remember thinking how sad and unfair life sometimes is.

Seems people drive from afar to get to the shop in Weston and buy freshly rolled cigars that most reviews I've read praise highly.

:bigthumbs:
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

MacMac

They have a very simple line up of cigars. Sometimes simple is the way to perfection.  :-)
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

05Venturer

QuoteMacMac - 7/9/2015  2:45 PM

They have a very simple line up of cigars. Sometimes simple is the way to perfection.  :-)

Agreed!! Looking forward to a Critique of a lesser known brand :thumbsup:

If you need so body I'm in, if someone wants in that hasn't had a chance by all means let them.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

DonM

I have not done one in awhile and would be interested in doing this one!

"The Curmudgeon"

MacMac

appollo

mpurtle01

All those so far who have said you're in, you're in.  Quite a delay on this one.  Corey seems to be quite busy.  Have spoken with his coworkers a couple of times but have not heard back yet.  He has agreed to do it, so hopefully it's not delayed much longer.   More to follow.  Sorry guys.  I'll try calling again tomorrow.

mpurtle01

So latest is that they got flooded.  Been working hard to get everything cleaned up.  They are not a large online seller so their daily customers are obviously priority.   But, they are very eager to get our sticks out and have them reviewed, so still a go.  Will post more on the stick to be reviewed once I get the info.   I think he would like to showcase a Connecticut but again, more to follow.

MacMac

Ken Kelley

Can't tell if this one is filled up with reviewers or not. I love Sumatra wrappers so if there is an opening or you need an alternate I'll volunteer.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

horrido

Let me know if you need anymore I would like to try it sounds interesting.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

gpd4

I've had a few of their cigars - all very good.  Actually, I'm only about 20 miles from there right now!  With all the rain we've had around here, I bet the area is a swamp still...
My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

mpurtle01

Well, not a Sumatra, a Connecticuit is what Corey chose to Showcase.   I see 5 names showing interest.   You 5 have first dibs, but if you decline due to not being the Sumatra please let us know.  I see 05venturer, DonM, MacMac, Ken and Horrido.  Will get more specs for database and add the attached narrative.

horrido

"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

MacMac

This is great! Looking forward to doing the review on this cigar.

mpurtle01

Bump for reviewers.  I got two on the list who still want in.  Horrido and MacMac.   The rest of you still want to do this review or shall we open it up?

Ken Kelley

Quotempurtle01 - 7/24/2015  9:39 PM

Bump for reviewers.  I got two on the list who still want in.  Horrido and MacMac.   The rest of you still want to do this review or shall we open it up?

You can give away my spot. I'm not a fan of light and delicate.  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

DonM

I am still interested in doing the review Matt, thanks!

"The Curmudgeon"

horrido

Quotempurtle01 - 7/25/2015  7:39 AM

I mentioned in my last response thanks yes please.
-- Cuban saying

05Venturer

If you need one to fill up I'm in, if someone else wants in they can have it. Just here to help out brother if needed.
And always enjoy a freebie LOL
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

mpurtle01

Thanks guys.   Ken is the only one out.  Need one more.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.