August Industry Sponsored Geek Critique (First Two Weeks)

Started by nwb, 06/29/2015 05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

This critique has been generously sponsored by Pedro Gonzalez at Don Gonzalez Cigars:

http://dongonzalezcigars.com/

Thank you for your generosity!  A special thank you goes out to Brad (Vroomp) for coordinating!

The Chosen Cigar: Don Gonzalez 10th Anniversary Toro Gordo Maduro

The Chosen Reviewers:

benchjockey
dddddmorgan
lubrix
nirab
ntanner

This cigar shall be reviewed no later than July 25th.

Happy Smokin' gents! :smoker:
Chief of Shaft

Vroomp

Thanks Nathan! Good to see ya!

Pedro Gonzalez was kind enough to allow us a chance to review his new 10 year anniversary cigar.

This cigar is a 60 ring Maduro sporting a San Andreas wrapper that is oily and dark with Nicaraguan fillers and a Nic binder.

I met Pedro at an event recently and was impressed with the cigars his master roller was putting out there. Sweet, consistent, well balanced flavors made that smoke quite a treat! I had never smoked one of his cigars before and I noticed we had a lot listed in the database but no reviews on any! :-(  This can't go on!  I'd prefer folks that have yet to do two critiques in 2015, but at this point we have little time to get cigars out to reviewers and well rested.....

I am looking for 5 Geeks, that love a Rich, Dark, Maduro, That's medium in strength, (and very nice smelling I might add) in a large ring size.

Who's up for a tasty smoke?  I'd like to see a couple older members and a couple newer ones volunteer if possible....... :bow:

And please don't volunteer if you don't like Maduro's or large ring sizes folks!

P.S.  And the one I smelled is the sixth one I received by the way!  :shades:

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Mojo66

QuoteVroomp - 6/29/2015  10:25 PM

... P.S.  And the one I smelled is the sixth one I received by the way!  :shades:

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Vroomp

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.

lubrix

----

ntanner

I wouldn't mind trying one of these if you still have an opening.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

nirab

I've done a couple already, but put me down for the 6th man in line, if you get close to crunch time and don't have enough geeks... :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Vroomp

Sure thing Brian!

Nathan please add Paul, Barry, and Neal as reviewers!

ntanner

Thanx for letting me in on this one Brad. Looking forward to trying this one.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Vroomp

C'mon folks we need another volunteer for a free cigar!

ntanner

I can't believe how difficult it is to get people to accept free cigars. There have got to be some more Geek's willing to try a new cigar for free. Come on guy's.

freakydeakydutchman

i'll toss my hat into the ring if you need another and you don't mind shipping to Canada
"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

Vroomp

Due to time constraints I do not think I could trust the postal service to deliver your cigar on time Steve.

Step up you geeks that never volunteer!!!!

horrido

Ya, I would put my hat in but experience shows Canada Post- to be frank falls short when it comes to border crossings.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

freakydeakydutchman

"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

Mojo66

C'mon, who's afraid of a FREE cigar.

To all newer members out there, this is not as scary as it seems. Most of us geeks have done our first one at a point and have survived. Smoke it, pay attention and take notes. View a few existing Geek critiques to get an idea of the form.

If you want, read up on the cigar a bit, might help put words on sensations, vague flavors etc. Also taking a look at a cigar flavor chart (or Cigar Flavor Wheel) can be helpful for some.

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

dddddmorgan

Molon Labe!

Vroomp

Please add 5DMorgan and Nirab to the list!   I will send out cigars on Monday!  Please make sure your addresses are correct in your profiles....

dddddmorgan

YUMMY!!!

Thanks, haven't done a review this year, looking forward to it!
Molon Labe!

Vroomp

Packages are away and should be there no later than Saturday!  Thanks Geeks!!!!

Barry---9405 8036 9930 0025 4250 62

Paul----9405 8036 9930 0025 4251 09

Dan----9405 8036 9930 0025 4251 16

Brian---9405 8036 9930 0025 4251 23

Neal----9405 8036 9930 0025 4251 47

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

lubrix

----

ntanner

Package arrived today. Brad in true Geek fashion sent some nice tag along's. Thanx brother.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.