Auction cigar pass idea

Started by Jay'D, 07/11/2015 04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay'D

So seeing how I'm not favorably located to start a cigar pass or have reached that seasoned cigar geek status, I've been thinking and looking some feed back on an idea I came up with. Not sure it's been done before but it's a Cigar Auction Pass, I would start with a selection of cigars I won on an auction site such as cigarbid or cigar auctioneer. The cigars would ship straight to the first participant without the invoice so the individual wouldn't know the price, but we all basically know what a certain cigar goes for or can easily find out. That person will then do their puts and takes of equal or higher value but here is the kicker, their puts should be something they won on a cigar auction site as well so no one paid full price for any of the ciagr in the pass, and it remains a mystery for everyone except the person who bought it. It would follow suit down the pass line and then finally end up at my door step as the final stop.

I think everyone gets an idea of the pass from my explanation, feel free to make any suggestions or say if you think its a good pass idea and if you would be interested. Wouldn't make sense starting one and there won't be any participants, thanks for the feedback all... be it good or bad.
Last name Hungry first name Always

My hobby collection | http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Jay%27D

Joelala

Possibly interested. Seems somewhat confusing but yeah
Joe

05Venturer

I rarely ever pay MSRP for a cigar online, so most of my cigars would be good for this. LOL
Only thing would be the 1st participant would definitely need to repackage all cigars and add humidification for the journey.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

sar127

Quote05Venturer - 7/12/2015  1:07 PM  I rarely ever pay MSRP for a cigar online, so most of my cigars would be good for this.  

I imagine it's that way for most ppl on here. I don't know if that'll make it much more different from a regular pass honestly. 

Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

Jay'D

Quotesar127 - 7/12/2015  3:20 PM

Quote05Venturer - 7/12/2015  1:07 PM  I rarely ever pay MSRP for a cigar online, so most of my cigars would be good for this.  

I imagine it's that way for most ppl on here. I don't know if that'll make it much more different from a regular pass honestly. 

So in the end it's just a regular ol pass  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
Oh well....back to the drawing board  :confused:

My hobby collection | http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Jay%27D

05Venturer

Quotesar127 - 7/12/2015  2:20 PM

agreed
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Jay'D

Quote05Venturer - 7/12/2015  2:07 PM

I rarely ever pay MSRP for a cigar online, so most of my cigars would be good for this. LOL
Only thing would be the 1st participant would definitely need to repackage all cigars and add humidification for the journey.
Well I guess if I was orchestrate such a pass I would have to put a little incentive in the box for the first participant to fix it up nice for the trip  :biggrin:   :biggrin:

sar127

Stick around, join some passes, maybe you'll learn a few ways to tweak your eventual pass.
Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

Cfickter

I think there is the basis for some sort of pass with this theme, just needs some refining
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

MacMac

QuoteCfickter - 7/13/2015  4:47 PM

I think there is the basis for some sort of pass with this theme, just needs some refining

I agree with Chuck.  It has potential.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.