Anyone in Australia ever do splits?

Started by ledmund, 07/20/2015 08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ledmund

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone lives in Australia ever wants to do a split then let me know.

Also has anyone from Australia managed to import a decent quantity of sticks from. USA or Europe without any hassles?
"Smoking cigars is like falling in love. First, you are attracted by its shape; you stay for its flavour, and you must always remember never, never to let the flame go out!"
~Winston Churchill

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=ledmund

cavenbk

As far as I know, you are the only member, at least the only member that is active and posts, that is from Australia. I could be wrong, but i dont remember ever seeing any others.
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

ntanner

We have a few other members in Australia I am sure but like Brad said, none that are really active on the site.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Joelala

Quotecavenbk - 7/20/2015  1:27 PM

As far as I know, you are the only member, at least the only member that is active and posts, that is from Australia. I could be wrong, but i dont remember ever seeing any others.

X2
Joe

horrido

I am sure you will find someone to do the splits with especially a Romanian gymnast in Aussie land but in all seriousness if I do a split with someone in the States the taxes are what gets us up here in Canada. I don't know what you guys go through but I did order isom's from the netural country of Switzerland and taxes were brutal when I got them finally from customs.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

ledmund

Hi horrido,

I found a Russian Gymnast but boy is she expensive! Lol!

I know what you mean about taxes! I recently was fortunate enough to have a few CAO Gold Robustos posted to me from the States they cost me $3.50 each, over here in Australia they cost a whopping $33 each! Boy do we get ripped off here!
"Smoking cigars is like falling in love. First, you are attracted by its shape; you stay for its flavour, and you must always remember never, never to let the flame go out!"
~Winston Churchill

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=ledmund

pferg

Quotehorrido - 7/20/2015  4:42 PM

I am sure you will find someone to do the splits with especially a Romanian gymnast in Aussie land but in all seriousness if I do a split with someone in the States the taxes are what gets us up here in Canada. I don't know what you guys go through but I did order isom's from the netural country of Switzerland and taxes were brutal when I got them finally from customs.

Didnt you ship them as humidor supplies? or are customs wise to that now? Havent oreder cigars online for a while now

05Venturer

Quoteledmund - 8/2/2015  11:22 PM

Hi horrido,

I know what you mean about taxes! I recently was fortunate enough to have a few CAO Gold Robustos posted to me from the States they cost me $3.50 each, over here in Australia they cost a whopping $33 each! Boy do we get ripped off here!

:-0  :-0  :-0   That is absolutely crazy.
If you need a few sticks sent your way I may be able to help ya out.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Camshaft83

Hi Lee. I'm more then willing to help get you some cigars and ship them to you as I'm sure are several others besides me and Kent. Just let us know what your looking for.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

cavenbk

QuoteCamshaft83 - 8/3/2015  9:05 AM  Hi Lee. I'm more then willing to help get you some cigars and ship them to you as I'm sure are several others besides me and Kent. Just let us know what your looking for.

X2

You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

johncw

Quoteledmund - 8/2/2015  11:22 PM

That makes me sick to my stomach.

Longhorn

This Aussie can do splits...  :biggrin:

appollo

Quoteledmund - 8/3/2015  1:22 AM

Hi horrido,

Your taxes sound worse tahn Canada :-(

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.