Did this thread get too big?

Started by Fran95, 07/28/2015 07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fran95

Tried to post in the "I'm enjoying a...given to me by..." thread and I get this message.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=27667.0

Error encountered in: E:\HostingSpaces\phumler\cigargeeks.com\wwwroot\community\templates\cigargeeks\bbs\forum\thread-view.asp
Response  object - 006~ASP 0251~Response Buffer Limit Exceeded~Execution of the  ASP page caused the Response Buffer to exceed its configured limit.

Do the posts cut out at 50 pages/1218 responses? If so I or someone else should create a new one.

If there's a problem on my end and someone else can access that thread I'll delete this post and apologize in advance.

Mojo66

QuoteFran95 - 7/28/2015  11:13 PM  

Tried to post in the "I'm enjoying a...given to me by..." thread and I get this message.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=27667.0

Error encountered in: E:\HostingSpaces\phumler\cigargeeks.com\wwwroot\community\templates\cigargeeks\bbs\forum\thread-view.asp
Response  object - 006~ASP 0251~Response Buffer Limit Exceeded~Execution of the  ASP page caused the Response Buffer to exceed its configured limit.

Do the posts cut out at 50 pages/1218 responses? If so I or someone else should create a new one.

If there's a problem on my end and someone else can access that thread I'll delete this post and apologize in advance.

Whatever happens, don't let my sister see this, she might get the idea you're smoking too much :shy:

A more knowledgeable person will answer your question as I don't have the specifics on that DB and... I'm off work :biggrin:  

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Fran95

I smoked two cigars tonight but it's ok she thinks I only smoked one 

bigjohn20081983

Not sure I just posted in there tonight. You may want to send a message to one of the admins or SenorPablo
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

Fran95

I think you may have been the lucky guy to get the last post on that one if this is the case.

Camshaft83

I was just on that thread myself. Maybe logout close your browser and logback  in. :confused:
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Fran95

Thanks for this response. I've tried clearing cookies, logging in and out, changing browsers. I just wanted to see if someone could access that thread.

Edit: fixed it by changing the way I view threads on here from "nested" to "default"

MacMac

Glad you figured that out!  :thumbsup:
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

SenorPablo

Yeah...there is definitely a limit that is set by how much memory the server has.  Know way to tell when we will hit that limit.  But maybe I should limit it to 1000 posts or something.  Not even sure I can do that but i'll look into it.  When we had the previous server with less memory it used to hit the limit around 600 or so.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Jackal

Froze the old one and started a Part 2.

It seems that the problems happen when the threads hit 50 pages.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Cfickter

Maybe go to a monthly thread like we do for the daily smoke ones?
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Jackal

QuoteCfickter - 7/29/2015  8:20 AM

Maybe go to a monthly thread like we do for the daily smoke ones?

If it becomes a problem then we should.  The last one made it almost a year and a half.  Let's see how long this one goes before we need to do a part 3.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

bmac7754

QuoteJackal - 7/29/2015  11:18 AM  Froze the old one and started a Part 2.  It seems that the problems happen when the threads hit 50 pages.

Sweet, thanks Jason

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.