Cigar Geeks Fantasy Football (collecting prize packs)

Started by johncw, 07/29/2015 08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johncw

It's almost August so figured it's time to get the league started. First I want to give everyone in the league last year a chance to rejoin first then if there are spots open I will open it up to all the Geeks. Again this year we will all be putting up 5 nice cigars ($5-$10) and this year I also want to include one really nice cigar ($9+) to be given to the regular season winner. 1st place sends 2nd place 5 cigars and 1st place will receives all the 5 packs. I think it would be easier if everyone shipped all the cigars to me and then I can send them out to the winners.

Last years teams. Let me know if you need a link to the league again

Drink'in Fortes (John) (confirmed in)
Chief the Whole F'n Show (Ken) (confirmed in)
Cibolo Gunslingers (confirmed in)
Redneck Warriors (Jharris) (confirmed in)
Toilet Monsters (Brian) (confirmed in)
the Curmudgeons (Don) (not returning)
Penn State Boys Camp (Adam)(confirmed in)
TexaStrong (Brad) (confirmed in)
The Dudes (Kerry)(confirmed in)
BamaStogieboys (Micheal) (confirmed in)
Kxthor911 (Nick) (no response so opening up spot)
Hounds (Stephen) (Not returning)

thanks everyone.

Interested  (currently 3 spots open)
05Venture
DanB6177
chacocii
DRuff

danb6177

I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

DonM

Think I will pass this year, been very busy since I am back to work. Thanks for the invite!

"The Curmudgeon"

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

nirab

The Toilet Monsters are ready to do some flushing! Count me in!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

johncw

BewareDaPenguin

I'm pretty sure I saw the email just haven't signed up, but yeah I'm in
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Kman

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

chief791

2nd place last year was not good enough. I wanna win this year really bad. Let the games begin.
"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

chacocii

My normal league isn't happening this year so if a third spot by chance opens up I'm interested.
Twitter: @chacocii

DRuff

Longhorn

johncw

Sent PMs to Stephen and Nick so once I hear back I'll know who is all in... Since there are multiple geeks that want to join we'll do a random drawing to fill the spots.

I think we will just do a auto draft this year unless everyone wants to do a live one and we'll just have to get a good date and time for everyone.

Kman

Quotejohncw - 8/3/2015  1:32 PM  Sent PMs to Stephen and Nick so once I hear back I'll know who is all in... Since there are multiple geeks that want to join we'll do a random drawing to fill the spots.  I think we will just do a auto draft this year unless everyone wants to do a live one and we'll just have to get a good date and time for everyone.

I prefer a live draft myself, but will defer to the majority.

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

johncw

I just put up a poll for online or auto draft on fantasy site NFL.com

Also waiting to hear back from Nick... if he isn't coming back we will have 3 openings.

StogieDad

Mobile won't show me the poll, but I would vote live if there is a choice.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

johncw

johncw

05Venture
DanB6177
chacocii
DRuff

I have these geeks listed as interested... Going to just leave this open until tomorrow morning when i check in. Please let me know if you are interested in playing... Will do a random draw for 3 geeks to join.

05Venturer

Quotejohncw - 8/10/2015  1:26 PM

05Venture
DanB6177
chacocii
DRuff

I have these geeks listed as interested... Going to just leave this open until tomorrow morning when i check in. Please let me know if you are interested in playing... Will do a random draw for 3 geeks to join.

Pick Me Pick Me
I might as well throw some smokes someone else's way. LOL
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

johncw

Quotejohncw - 8/10/2015  1:26 PM

05Venture
DanB6177
chacocii
DRuff

Ok sent out PMs to the 4 geeks listed... once i hear back from each one i'll do a random draw 1-100 and the 3 closest are in.

Thanks,
John

johncw

Chaccoli - 21
Druff - 27
DanB6177 - 61
05Venture- 68

the lucky random number is?

I'll send out an invite... Sorry chaccoli

05Venturer

:dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:

Gonna be a big learning curve for me since its my first ever FF league.
Thanks John
Kent

danb6177

Quote05Venturer - 8/13/2015  11:51 AM

:dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:

Gonna be a big learning curve for me since its my first ever FF league.
Thanks John

Picking something like a kicker or a TE is always a great 1st round idea. Really throws the veteran players off.  Don't take a defense until at least the 4th round tho.  :biggrin:
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

DRuff

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.