Premium trade or BoxPass

Started by craig schmidt, 10/11/2009 07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craig schmidt

To a respected member or vet on this board I'll send my end first. To any new members we'll work something out.
I'm open to any premium trades. I'm trying to get variety in my humidors.
I really have been wanting to trade for:
Don Arturo Gran AniverXario and
Hemingway Between The Lines. But, like I say I'm open to any.
Also, if you know of a few members who like premiums I'd fill a box send it your way. Then we  could ship it to a couple of other guys you know and get it back to me.
How does that sound?
"Here, have a cigar. Light it up and be somebody."

ljlemer

You've just been accepted into the Unlimited Pass Without End. Congratulations.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

lowpro75

Quotecraig schmidt - 10/11/2009  8:23 PM

To a respected member or vet on this board I'll send my end first. To any new members we'll work something out.
I'm open to any premium trades. I'm trying to get variety in my humidors.
I really have been wanting to trade for:
Don Arturo Gran AniverXario and
Hemingway Between The Lines. But, like I say I'm open to any.
Also, if you know of a few members who like premiums I'd fill a box send it your way. Then we  could ship it to a couple of other guys you know and get it back to me.
How does that sound?

If you want to get a box pass started I'd be in.  Throw out some ideas of what you are thinking of in terms of cigars and pricing.  The box pass system here makes it pretty easy to get this started and get other members to join.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

junglepete

I don't usually wash my laundry out in the open, but in this case I feel a sense of obligation to throw in my two cents. A man called Craig Schmidt shows up gangbusters wanting to trade high end and rare cigars. He seems to be a little shy of social graces and apologizes for it. I then get a PM from him offering to send me a bunch of premium cigars right away and when they arrive I can send him a list of what I have to offer. I explain that my offerings may not be to his liking but make a short list available to him because that seemed fair before he sends me a bunch of cigars. I have not heard back from Mr. Schmidt and yet I find here a post where he is offering the same deal to the rest community.

The point here is that somethings feels out of whack to me and I don't want to see anyone here get burned. I apologize upfront to Craig Schmidt if I am wrong and to any Geeks who feel this post is out of line.

Pete
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

podman28

Quotejunglepete - 10/12/2009  9:07 AM

I don't usually wash my laundry out in the open, but in this case I feel a sense of obligation to throw in my two cents. A man called Craig Schmidt shows up gangbusters wanting to trade high end and rare cigars. He seems to be a little shy of social graces and apologizes for it. I then get a PM from him offering to send me a bunch of premium cigars right away and when they arrive I can send him a list of what I have to offer. I explain that my offerings may not be to his liking but make a short list available to him because that seemed fair before he sends me a bunch of cigars. I have not heard back from Mr. Schmidt and yet I find here a post where he is offering the same deal to the rest community.

The point here is that somethings feels out of whack to me and I don't want to see anyone here get burned. I apologize upfront to Craig Schmidt if I am wrong and to any Geeks who feel this post is out of line.

Pete

I tend to agree with you Pete. Trust is something that is earned and past experience has shown that a big show generally ends quickly. To come out of nowhere and ask guys to trade with cigars that are very special is dubious indeed. Most don't even have some of the cigars he is talking about. I have been fortunate enough to acquire a few and know of several others that have some but it is usually in such small amounts that a trade is out of the question. Why would you trade a cigar that you cherish when it is the only one you have? I would tell Craig to just slow down and relax. Learn the community and then participate. I am sure things will be much better then.

Hot Stuff x

Quotejunglepete - 10/13/2009 12:07 AM I don't usually wash my laundry out in the open, but in this case I feel a sense of obligation to throw in my two cents. A man called Craig Schmidt shows up gangbusters wanting to trade high end and rare cigars. He seems to be a little shy of social graces and apologizes for it. I then get a PM from him offering to send me a bunch of premium cigars right away and when they arrive I can send him a list of what I have to offer. I explain that my offerings may not be to his liking but make a short list available to him because that seemed fair before he sends me a bunch of cigars. I have not heard back from Mr. Schmidt and yet I find here a post where he is offering the same deal to the rest community. The point here is that somethings feels out of whack to me and I don't want to see anyone here get burned. I apologize upfront to Craig Schmidt if I am wrong and to any Geeks who feel this post is out of line. Pete

Each person can come to their own conclusion....you are not out of line at all Pete.  I think you are being very diplomatic while making your point.

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Anthony

Quotejunglepete - 10/12/2009  10:07 AM

Pete

Not out of line at all, and I would echo your concerns.
_____

lowpro75

I hear you guys on the trades but if Craig wants to start a box pass that kinda puts him out there and it is probably the better place to start then straight up trades with people.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Anthony

Except he should probably use our established box pass system...
_____

lowpro75

QuoteAnthony - 10/12/2009  11:30 AM

Except he should probably use our established box pass system...
Of course.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

I'm new here and don't want to step out of my lane but this just sounds fishy to me.... :confused:
I'm running for President. Please vote for me!

gitfiddl

Quote360 - 10/13/2009  8:49 PM

I'm new here and don't want to step out of my lane but this just sounds fishy to me.... :confused:

+1!

Craig, with all due respect, I hope you understand the apprehension on the part of myself and the other members here.  Trust is something that is earned.  I, for one was more than a little taken aback by your first post.  It came off too uppity and demanding for my liking; maybe that's just me  We are, for the most part, a group of fine men and women and are true to our word.  Several members have been burnt in the past on stolen passes and trades.  There's a lot of trust involved here and, in case you haven't noticed, we tend to talk about more than cigars.  We bare our souls and share our problems with each other.  There's not anyone here among the regulars that I wouldn't invite over for dinner or offer a bed to if they were traveling through my neck of the woods and needed a place to crash.  Maybe I'm reading you wrong, and if so, please accept my sincere apology, but anyone can talk a good game...
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

nwb

I echo the sentiments above.  Craig, if you really want to get in good here, start a box pass with some of the vets.

nwb
Chief of Shaft

Hot Stuff x

Haven't heard from him for a few days.   Kind of a shame if we ran him off (assuming he is a decent guy---if he's a scammer then screw 'im). 

This is my favorite cigar website (although I've visited/registered at many) because of the caliber and demeanor of the people here.  I usually keep any negative feelings I have to myself, and give people the benefit of doubt.  But in this case I was a bit irked right off the bat, mainly about his cut-and-paste posting to so many newbie intro threads.  But I'm willing to let that slide and move on.

One more thing that's been bothering me though.  I checked him out on SocialCigar, the link he posted.  Couldn't find anything damning on there, but in his photo he looks like he is maybe in early retirement (gray hair, etc.)  but his original posts on this board strike me as something you would get from a teenager.  Who knows.   Just smells kind of fishy to me.

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Jackal

This being the internet, you can claim to be whoever you want.  If he was a scammer, he could have stolen someone else's identity and reputation from another cigar site.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Samhain2000

A cigar is like a gun, you never know when you'll need one.

junglepete

I checked out a craig schmidt on the social cigar site....all his forum posts are since sept 21, 09...i could be wrong but he seems to be new there as well, people have been writing on his wall wondering if he received the cigars they sent and that they are looking forward to receiving theirs. He has a bunch of pictures of cigars in his photo album. All his forum responses are about trading.

For me its simple, a guy doen'ty know me from adam and pm's me to trade and then never responds after that. He is obviously active elsewhere and has the time to be curteous, but chooses not too....bad sign in my book...I have never experienced anyone here who does not respond to PM's, especially if they are the one to initiate it.

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Hound10

Quotejunglepete - 10/14/2009  10:40 AM

I checked out a craig schmidt on the social cigar site....all his forum posts are since sept 21, 09...i could be wrong but he seems to be new there as well, people have been writing on his wall wondering if he received the cigars they sent and that they are looking forward to receiving theirs. He has a bunch of pictures of cigars in his photo album. All his forum responses are about trading.

For me its simple, a guy doen'ty know me from adam and pm's me to trade and then never responds after that. He is obviously active elsewhere and has the time to be curteous, but chooses not too....bad sign in my book...I have never experienced anyone here who does not respond to PM's, especially if they are the one to initiate it.

That clinches it for me - nice sleuthing Pete. Just didn't add up. I bet the ones he was going to send us "first" are the ones en route to him from the guys on the other website.
"Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics"

Jackal

Even if he had to salt the initial deal with a few cigars that he picked up at his local B&M, he could make one fair trade, use that to establish a reputation and then initiate trades with a bunch of simultaneously.

Sounds like a Bernie Madoff scheme, or a Markinde one.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

junglepete

Maybe all my $2 cigars scared him away  :lmao:
Guru of Frugality

Samhain2000

Quotejunglepete - 10/14/2009  11:07 AM

I guess thats why he never contacted me, the .50 Don Chu Chu's and the other .80 cigars horrified him.
A cigar is like a gun, you never know when you'll need one.

BlackIrish

Here's my rule:  If I have to spend more than 30 seconds wondering whether I should trade with someone or allow them into a box pass, I'm not going to.  

I just don't have the time or inclination conduct due diligence.  If that makes me a d**k, I apologize, but I want my CigarGeeks time to be fun; I don't want to have to be worrying if I'm going to be ripped off.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

Hound10

Quotejunglepete - 10/14/2009  11:07 AM

Or your - "what do you mean those aren't worth $20 a stick?! That's what I paid in Canada!" deals. :lmao:
"Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics"

Bob Cordell

Charlatan!

Off with his 'ed!

:mad:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

junglepete

QuoteBlackIrish - 10/14/2009  12:44 PM

Here's my rule:  If I have to spend more than 30 seconds wondering whether I should trade with someone or allow them into a box pass, I'm not going to.  

I just don't have the time or inclination conduct due diligence.  If that makes me a d**k, I apologize, but I want my CigarGeeks time to be fun; I don't want to have to be worrying if I'm going to be ripped off.

bingo!
Guru of Frugality

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.