2nd annual Calgary Rocky Mountain Smokeout

Started by Avrus, 08/19/2015 09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avrus

I know there's some Canadians and even some local people out there so I wanted to get the news out. The 2nd annual Rocky Mountain Smokeout is coming up in October.

http://www.rockymountainsmokeout.ca/

Friday October 2nd is a warm-up event, and the main event is on Saturday October 3rd.

Hope to see you there!

--Cigar Surgeon

biggsy16

How was the CAO on the deck,your Postie Biggsy16
Never done being a Dad

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

horrido

Well ain't that the baboons red/bllue pink ass right close to my neighborhood and I never new it existed thanks for the heads up.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

Avrus

Quotebiggsy16 - 8/19/2015  12:31 PM

How was the CAO on the deck,your Postie Biggsy16

Was really tasty actually. Ricky put his heart and soul into this one. Was great having the chance to chat with you and meeting another member of our small cigar community!

Avrus

If you guys are thinking about attending this, and staying over Saturday, tickets and hotel rooms are going quick! I hope everyone can make it out the liquor list and cigar list is insane.

Mojo66

I'm in Canada but a few thousand miles away from Calgary. Would take me about the same time as getting to Cuba and in that particular case, I'd choose the Stogies over the Rockies  :biggrin:

Sounds like a nice event though, hope the ones attending have fun.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

freakydeakydutchman

Man where was this when I lived in Calgary?
"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

horrido

Hey any of you Calgary guys or near in location going to this event. I have my ticket for 6pm Saturday Oct 3rd and wouldn't mind meeting up with a few more geeks of the North ----any takers to meet with this crazy mountain guy.....lol
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

horrido

-- Cuban saying

horrido

Soooo, anyone from the area like Calgary or Edmonchuck going to this?
-- Cuban saying

Avrus

Quotehorrido - 10/1/2015  3:38 PM

Soooo, anyone from the area like Calgary or Edmonchuck going to this?

At last count we're almost at 200 people. There's a very large group from Edmonton coming down, and a significant portion of the Calgary BoTL Facebook group will be there. At the very least I would say don't miss Saturday, but I'll be there both days.

horrido

Well the event came and went and it's still in its infancy but it was enjoyable. It needs to grow as time goes by. My wife went and she enjoyed it especially the taste tasting of different spirits. I picked up a few items from the show plus received 13 sticks from the vendors I'll post some pics. It's not like Vegas but maybe in time since our laws are insane when it comes to sticks and to do something like this in Canada is truly unheard of. I was surprised the amount of people there and all who enjoyed it but the only horrible thing I saw was a Cuban Trinidad barely been lit plus a P4D half done and both abandoned in a stinky ash tray. My table commented on this throughout the night not to mention a lot of half smoked sticks in the stinky to. I had brought a Cohiba maduro and a monti 4 man first time ever getting 2 hrs out a Cohiba.

-- Cuban saying

Longhorn

Sounds like y'all had a good time!   :thumbsup:

Avrus

Quotehorrido - 10/4/2015  2:01 PM

but the only horrible thing I saw was a Cuban Trinidad barely been lit plus a P4D half done and both abandoned in a stinky ash tray.

Right? What was up with that? Like maybe a half inch of the Trinidad had been smoked. Sad indeed.

horrido

QuoteAvrus - 10/5/2015  12:50 PM

Quotehorrido - 10/4/2015  2:01 PM

but the only horrible thing I saw was a Cuban Trinidad barely been lit plus a P4D half done and both abandoned in a stinky ash tray.

Right? What was up with that? Like maybe a half inch of the Trinidad had been smoked. Sad indeed.

You saw it lol my wife finally put me out of my misery and tossed it in the bottom of the stinky so none of us had to stare at it for a few more hours. So sad but if I were a bum I would have snatched it right away..... :cigarman:
-- Cuban saying

horrido

Nice at least I did not get caught in any of them....lol
-- Cuban saying

Mojo66

Nice pics. looks like a nice bunch of Canadians having a blast, eh!
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Longhorn

QuoteAvrus - 10/8/2015  1:12 PM

Some shots from the event: https://flic.kr/s/aHskiigrY3

Thanks for sharing - looked like a pretty good turn out for the 2nd Annual...

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.