September Member Sponsored Geek Critique (Last Two Weeks)

Started by junglepete, 08/27/2015 12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by headfirst (Gary).

The Cigar: Dram Cask #1 (6.0 x 60)

The Hype: Cigars and whiskey have been a classic pairing for centuries. But now, there is a line of cigars whose blend is crafted specifically to pair with certain whiskeys. The brainchild of C & C Cigars, Dram Cigars for Whiskey offers four different blends, each one with a different flavor profile and strength, but all of them created with the perfect pairing in mind. This particular offering is dubbed, Dram Cask #1.

Hailing from the Dominican Republic, Dram Cask #1 was blended for the purpose of being paired with a milder, lighter whiskey with notes of citrus and wood. With that in mind, #1's binder and filler tobaccos are left undisclosed, but a Connecticut shade wrapper leaf is on display, giving off smooth notes of cream, spicy wood, and an aromatic herbal nuance. Mild to medium-bodied, Dram Cask #1 is a pleasure to enjoy with or without a pairing partner,

The Reviewers: Anyone who has the time, no criteria needed. Note: This review is time limited. Please do not volunteer unless you have the time to do this one in a crunch.

1. Junglepete (Pete)
2. Mautrak (Jeremy)
3. ntanner (Neal)
4. benchjockey (Barry)
5. jharrisx5 (Jason)

Due Date: September 10, 2015

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this new initiative in place.

Thanks again to Gary for stepping up with such short notice and taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'  :smoker2:

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

danb6177

Thats a giant!!. Cant wait to see these reviews
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

millarddj

This sounds like it'd be fun if I knew a crap about whiskey. :biggrin:
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

headfirst

:whistle:   :snoring:

I know there are some whiskey drinkers out there...here's a critique where you're SUPPOSED to drink it with the cigar!  :drinking:

Hop on board people!       :-)
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

junglepete

I'm a whisky drinker and like a good mild cigar from time to time. I'm down for it if you'll have me?
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

junglepete

Quotejunglepete - 8/28/2015  12:32 PM

I'm a whisky drinker and like a good mild cigar from time to time. I'm down for it if you'll have me?

You're in Pete...enjoy!!  :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

Mautrak

I'm in if you'll have me.   I do enjoy pairing my cigars with scotch and whisky/whiskey.

But I'm a bit worried about Pete.  He seems to be schizophrenic.  Or bipolar.  Or something.  I can't remember what the voices told me he was.

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

appollo

Come on geeks its a free stick and I'm sure its a good one  :biggrin:

ntanner

Put me down if you're still looking. More then happy to try one of these.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

StogieDad

Wish I could for you man, changing jobs is just going to leave me with limited time to review in the next couple weeks.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

junglepete

Quotentanner - 8/29/2015  5:13 PM

Put me down if you're still looking. More then happy to try one of these.

You're in Neal, thanks!
Guru of Frugality

junglepete

QuoteStogieDad - 8/29/2015  5:15 PM

Wish I could for you man, changing jobs is just going to leave me with limited time to review in the next couple weeks.

No problem Michael, next time  :-)
Guru of Frugality

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

junglepete

Quotebenchjockey - 8/29/2015  7:32 PM

I'd love to do it, Pete.

You're in Barry, thanks!
Guru of Frugality

jharrisx5

I've done several of these this year but if no body else wants to do it then I'll do another...
Puff Puff Give....

junglepete

Quotejharrisx5 - 8/29/2015  11:51 PM

I've done several of these this year but if no body else wants to do it then I'll do another...

You're in Jason, thanks!
Guru of Frugality

headfirst

These will hit the mail today, hopefully you guys can enjoy it during the holiday weekend!  I think I may light one up after my Bruins get win #1 on Saturday.   :smoker:
-Charles Spurgeon

headfirst

Tracking #'s have been PM'd to the reviewers, looks like everyone will have about a week to fit in their critique, deadline is 9/10.  Thanks.
-Charles Spurgeon

junglepete

:bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs: Sounds good...looking forward to the review.
Guru of Frugality

headfirst

BTW, these have about 5 months of humidor time, in case the reviewers would like to know...
-Charles Spurgeon

Mautrak

Well the USPS website shows expected delivery today for me, but my postman came and went.  No delivery for me.  Fingers crossed for tomorrow . . . .

headfirst

Hopefully they all make it by tomorrow so you guys have a week to work it in to your schedule.
-Charles Spurgeon

benchjockey

Received my critique cigar and a hitchhiker.
My thanks to Gary (headfirst) for his sponsorship.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.