October Industry Sponsored Geek Critique (First Two Weeks)

Started by nwb, 08/29/2015 04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

This critique has been generously sponsored by Jay Lundy at AKA Cigars / Acme Cigar Company:

http://acmecigarcompany.com/

Thank you for your generosity!  A special thank you goes out to Brian (nirab) for coordinating!

The Chosen Cigar: Acme Cigar Company Route 66 - Hot Rod

The Chosen Reviewers:

Camshaft83
Caveman Steve
Rammstein142
toby2
Vroomp

This cigar shall be reviewed no later than September 25th.

Happy Smokin' gents! :smoker:
Chief of Shaft

Camshaft83

Just followed the link to their website. All 3 of the blends sound very good, especially the San Andreas.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Vroomp

Thanks for including me Brian!  Looking forward to this stick! :smoker:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

artman556

nirab

CG reviewers, Jay mailed out the cigars yesterday, so you should see these in the next few days. The review stick is the Acme Route 66 Hot Rod, and its a 5 x 50 robusto. Rumor has it that there may be a few more sticks in the package, but that remains to be seen... :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Camshaft83

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to reviewing this.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

toby2

ok I'm on track. wasn't aware I was in a review. or someone let me know and I forgot. doh!

bmac7754

Quotetoby2 - 9/12/2015  7:01 PM  ok I'm on track. wasn't aware I was in a review. or someone let me know and I forgot. doh!

:lmao: it was entertaining though.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

toby2

Quotebmac7754 - 9/12/2015  7:06 PM  

Quotetoby2 - 9/12/2015  7:01 PM  ok I'm on track. wasn't aware I was in a review. or someone let me know and I forgot. doh!

:lmao: it was entertaining though.

I think this is not the first time I've done this...:biggrin:

Caveman Steve

Got mine yesterday along with 2 hitchhikers.  Looking forward to sampling these nice looking sticks.
 :biggrin:
"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

Vroomp

Cigars received! Thanks go out to AKAJay and Brian for this opportunity! :dancing:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Rammstein142

Got my cigars in today! Look forward to doing the review in a few days!
"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

Camshaft83

Picked mine up from the PO on my way to work. Looking forward to this review. Thanks for hooking it up :bigthumbs:

nirab

OK, so everyone has received their review sticks, along with a couple of extras. I am looking forward to the feedback on these. I haven't tried one yet, hope to real soon.  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

toby2

Quotenirab - 9/14/2015  9:50 AM  OK, so everyone has received their review sticks, along with a couple of extras. I am looking forward to the feedback on these. I haven't tried one yet, hope to real soon.  :biggrin:

pretty sharp sending extras. many times the only stick you get has construction issues etc. and you are forced to review a dud. i hate to judge a smoke on one example anyway.  thx again. i will get on these later this week. it will be a few more days before i can enjoy any leaf.

nirab

Jay was kind enough to send me a couple as well. Smoked the Route 66 Hot Rod the other night, and let me tell ya, this cigar was... :biggrin:  :shy:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

toby2

nwb

Chief of Shaft

Camshaft83

Smoked one last night. Think I will smoke one more and compare notes if I get time too before the review is due.

Rammstein142

Review is in! Thanks again for having me and for the extra sticks! Look forward to letting these other rest  a bit long and to see how they turn out! Cheers!
"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

Camshaft83

Review is finished up! Thanks for letting me in on this :thumbsup:

nirab

QuoteCamshaft83 - 9/24/2015  3:03 AM

Review is finished up! Thanks for letting me in on this :thumbsup:

Noticed you put it in the regular review section. Can you delete that, and resubmit through the GC thread? Thanks!  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

nirab

Reminder to the 5 reviewers, this review is due in today. Please submit through the GC review section, and not in the general review section.

Thanks y'all!  :bigthumbs:

ps...I got to smoke one of the Acme Route 66 Hot Rod, and let me tell ya, that cigar was simply... :shy:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

nwb

All reviews are in - thanks folks for getting them in on time!
Chief of Shaft

nirab

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.